Strawberry-Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
This Strawberry-Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese combines fresh sweet strawberries, mango, spicy arugula, creamy avocado and goat cheese and is drizzled with a flavourful honey-citrus vinaigrette.
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup strawberries sliced, organic
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, about ½ large orange, squeezed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, about ½ lemon, squeezed
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 Thai red pepper, very finely chopped or 1 tsp. dried chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the vinaigrette first to allow the flavours to blend. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or shake well in a small Mason jar. Set aside.
Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, adding avocado slices last so they don't turn brown. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1770IU | Vitamin C: 55.6mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 2.2mg