This Strawberry-Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese combines fresh sweet strawberries, mango, spicy arugula, creamy avocado and goat cheese. It's drizzled with a flavourful honey citrus vinaigrette.
This colourful Strawberry-Mango Arugula salad is a perfect way to celebrate the arrival of Spring and Summer! It's the season to enjoy all those gorgeous fruits and vegetables that are available now. Squash and old baker potatoes, move aside! Strawberries and mango are here and they're looking v-e-r-y appetizing!
This is one of our favourite salads and I often serve it when we have friends over for dinner. It's sweet and salty at the same time and it has a beautiful creaminess from the avocado and goat cheese.
And who can resist those vibrant colours!
Ready to get started on this strawberry mango salad? Here's what you'll need.
Ingredients for Strawberry Mango Arugula Salad
- Arugula: start with a bed of fresh baby arugula, or add other greens as well. I often add a mixture of arugula, romaine and leaf lettuce.
- Strawberries: fresh, ripe and preferably organic, since strawberries are on the Dirty Dozen list.
- Mango: For this recipe, I used an Atualfo mango. These sweet mangos give you more bang for your buck than the more common Haden ones you find in the produce section of your supermarket. They have a thinner pit and no strings to get stuck in your teeth. You'll know your mango is ripe once it turns a deep golden yellow.
- Red onion
- Goat cheese: or feta cheese or blue cheese. All are delicious in this strawberry salad.
Here's how to make this beautiful summer salad
- Begin by combining the vinaigrette ingredients in a small blender or shake them together in a Mason jar
- Wash and spin the lettuce to dry it, or pat dry with a clean towel.
- Next, wash the strawberries and remove the stems. Slice according to their size.
- Remove the pits from both the mango and avocado and slice into bite-sized pieces. I thought I knew the best way to cut a mango, until I saw this technique! Try it. It works!
- Next, thinly slice the red onion.
- Arrange the ingredients in a salad bowl, sprinkle with crumbled goat, feta or blue cheese.
- And finally, toss the salad with Honey Citrus Vinaigrette just before serving.
Serve this salad drizzled with this fabulous Honey Citrus Vinaigrette. This dressing recipe combines orange and lemon juice, a touch of honey, tangy cilantro (always optional for cilantro-haters) and a tiny bit of heat from the Thai peppers.
Make this Strawberry-Mango Arugula Salad your own!
Try these variations:
- Substitute feta cheese for goat cheese. For an extra punch of flavour, try blue cheese!
- Try watermelon or cantaloupe instead of mango. Using a melon baller makes a pretty salad.
- Use a mixture of fresh greens and microgreens instead of arugula.
- Add a handful of toasted sliced almonds.
- Make a very basic dressing by coming 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey and a few grinds of salt and pepper.
Guaranteed to banish the winter blahs!
What to serve with Strawberry-Mango Salad
This salad is delicious as a side to
- Ginger-Garlic Glazed Korean Chicken Skewers
- 10-Minute Grilled Chimichurri Shrimp Skewers
- Easy Japanese Chicken Yakitori Skewers
- Simple Singapore Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Easy Thai Baked Chicken
If you make this salad, snap a pic, post it on Instagram and hashtag it #flavourandsavour. I love seeing what you make!
Strawberry-Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1 cup strawberries sliced, organic
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, about ½ large orange, squeezed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, about ½ lemon, squeezed
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 Thai red pepper, very finely chopped or 1 tsp. dried chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette first to allow the flavours to blend. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or shake well in a small Mason jar. Set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, adding avocado slices last so they don't turn brown. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.
Need more ideas for summer salads? Try these:
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Cantaloupe Arugula Salad
- Blackberry Honeydew Salad with Basil
- Triple Berry Mixed Green Salad
- Kiwi Cucumber Salad with Walnuts and Fresh Mint
- Balsamic Bocconcini Cherry Tomato Salad
This post was originally posted in 2017. It has been updated with new photos and information.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.