This Strawberry-Mango Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese combines fresh sweet strawberries, mango, spicy arugula, creamy avocado and goat cheese and is drizzled with a flavourful citrus vinaigrette.
This colourful Strawberry-Mango Arugula salad is a perfect way to celebrate the arrival of Spring.
And the arrival of Spring to me means that our trip to Europe is just one step closer. That also means one step closer to seeing my daughter, Laura, again in Prague! Sure miss her. Though we can chat over Facetime, it’s just not quite the same.
I’m feeling a great sense of accomplishment today. I have now booked all the accommodation for our trip overseas. It was a lot of work planning this trip (I know, I know . . . a First World problem). Deciding on which route to take, which cities to visit, the must-see’s and must-do’s, which neighbourhood to stay in, how long to stay in each spot and so on was time-consuming. But, it is all done now and all I have to think about is what to pack.
But in the meantime, it’s the season to enjoy all those gorgeous fruits and vegetables that are available now. Squash and old baker potatoes, move aside! Strawberries and mango are here and they’re looking v-e-r-y appetizing!
For this recipe, I used an Atualfo mango. These sweet mangos give you more bang for your buck than the more common Haden ones you find in the produce section of your supermarket. They have a thinner pit and no strings to get stuck in your teeth. You’ll know your mango is ripe once it turns a deep golden yellow. I thought I knew the best way to cut a mango, until I saw this technique! Try it. It works!
Serve this salad drizzled with this fabulous Citrus Vinaigrette. This dressing recipe combines orange and lime juice, tangy cilantro (always optional for cilantro-haters) and a tiny bit of heat from the Thai peppers. This salad is guaranteed to banish the winter blahs! Enjoy.
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced organic strawberries
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice, about ½ large orange, squeezed
- 2 tbsp lime juice, about ½ lime squeezed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Thai red pepper, very finely chopped or 1 tsp. dried chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette first to allow the flavours to blend. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or small Mason jar. Set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl, adding avocado slices last so they don't break or turn brown. Toss with vinaigrette just before serving.
I love this gadget for efficiently slicing an avocado. It works beautifully! (affiliate link)
Don’t miss out on my free recipes updates by subscribing here in the sidebar and on my Facebook page. Follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram. Thanks for stopping by!
This page contains an affiliate link.