Greek Cobb Salad--Family Style
Serve this Greek Salad in a Cobb Salad style, separating the ingredients to keep even the pickiest eater happy.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 to 6
For the Marinade and the Vinaigrette
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 - 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes Marzano if available, halved
- 1 - 2 cups Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 cup Feta cheese crumbled
Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette. You will use part of this to marinate the chicken and the remaining as a salad dressing. Set aside to allow the flavours to blend.
Chop the chicken and toss with 1/3 of the vinaigrette. Marinate in the refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients.
Chop the romaine and mound on a large serving platter.
Prepare the remaining ingredients and line up on the platter on top of the romaine.
Grill the chicken and add to the platter just before serving.
Serve with the Greek Salad vinaigrette and/or Greek Tzatziki Sauce.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 3871mg | Potassium: 1407mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 29191IU | Vitamin C: 128mg | Calcium: 377mg | Iron: 5mg