This Greek Chicken Cobb Salad is a fresh, flavourful combination of grilled chicken, crisp veggies, tangy feta cheese, and a zesty dressing. With its Mediterranean flair and customizable ingredients, this salad is perfect for a nutritious lunch or dinner. You'll want to add this recipe to your family's meal rotation!
- ❤️ Why you'll love this Cobb salad recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients
- 🔪 Instructions
- 👍🏼 Helpful Tips and Possible Variations
- ❓Reader's Questions about making Cobb Salad
- 🍽 What to serve with Mediterranean Greek Cobb Salad
- ⏰ Food safety storage instructions
- 🗒 More healthy chicken salad recipes
- 🌟Did you make this recipe?
- 📖 Recipe
❤️ Why you'll love this Cobb salad recipe
- Healthy and Nutritious: Greek Chicken Cobb Salad is a nutritious meal packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is a great way to get your family to eat their veggies and add variety to their diet.
- Customizable: This dinner salad is very customizable, which makes it a perfect meal for families with picky eaters. You can leave out or swap ingredients to suit your family's tastes and preferences.
- Quick and Easy: A quick and easy meal to make, especially if you have leftover grilled chicken. You can prep the veggies and dressing ahead of time, which means you can have dinner on the table in no time.
- Meal Prep Friendly: Greek Chicken Cobb Salad is a great meal prep option for families. You can make a big batch of salad and dressing, and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. Then, each family member can assemble their own salad when they're ready to eat.
- Perfect for Warm Weather: This Mediterranean Chicken Cobb Salad recipe makes a light, refreshing meal perfect for warm weather. It's a great way to use fresh produce from your garden or local farmers' market.
You'll find a complete list of ingredients with amounts in the recipe card below. But before we get to the full recipe, here are a few notes about the ingredients.
While most Cobb Salads, like this Lemon Garlic Shrimp Cobb Salad, also contain bacon and hard-boiled eggs, this Mediterranean Cobb Salad recipe does not. However, feel free to add those to your platter if you'd like!
This Mediterranean Cobb Salad is also delicious served with Authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce.
- chicken breasts, or chicken tenders: You'll marinate these first, then either grill or air-fry them.
- romaine lettuce: Crunchy romaine makes a crisp bed for this Cobb salad.
- cherry tomatoes: Choose the sweetest variety you can find.
- cucumber: I like to use a Long English cucumber in this dinner salad.
- red, orange and yellow bell peppers: for colour, crunch and nutrition.
- red onion: To mellow sharp-flavoured red onions, soak them in cool water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- avocado: Add these last, just before serving to prevent them from browning.
- kalamata olives: Use pitted olives for authentic Greek flavour.
- feta cheese: Crumbled feta cheese adds texture and a delicious salty flavour to contrast with sweet tomatoes and peppers.
- Greek lemon-garlic dressing: This doubles as a delicious marinade for the chicken and a vinaigrette for the salad.
Here's an overview of what you'll do to make this recipe perfectly. You'll find complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade and dressing: olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, dried oregano and thyme, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Marinate chicken breasts with half the marinade for 20 - 30 minutes while you prep the veggies.
- Drain and discard the chicken marinade. Grill the chicken for about 5-6 minutes per side or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. when measured with an instant-read meat thermometer and is no longer pink inside. Allow the chicken to cool before slicing.
- On a large platter, begin by arranging a bed of crisp romaine.
- Next, line up the sliced cucumber, red onion, avocado, bell peppers, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and sliced or cubed chicken.
- Let your family or friends choose what they like from the platter and add the dressing themselves.
👍🏼 Helpful Tips and Possible Variations
- You can use leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken instead of grilling fresh chicken breasts.
- To save time, you can prep the veggies and make the dressing ahead of time and store them in the fridge until ready to assemble the salad.
- If you want to keep the salad dairy-free, you can omit the feta cheese.
- You can also add other ingredients to the salad, such as roasted red peppers, marinated artichoke hearts or chickpeas.
- Vary the dressing! I love this with Authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce, with Simple Lemon Tahini Dressing, or even Hollyhock Nutritional Yeast Dressing.
- Make it a Green Goddess Cobb Salad! Dress this healthy salad with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing instead.
- Serve the salad immediately after assembling to keep the veggies crisp and the flavours fresh.
❓Reader's Questions about making Cobb Salad
Greek Chicken Cobb Salad is delicious with both warm or cold chicken. One of the best aspects of this recipe is that you make the whole salad in advance and store it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.
Leftover cooked chicken will work beautifully in this recipe. In fact, using leftover chicken makes this a very quick meal to assemble.
It's easy to make this Greek Cobb Salad for vegetarian diets. Simply swap out the chicken for chickpeas. Chickpeas are an excellent source of protein, carbohydrates, and B vitamins.
You could also substitute canned cannellini beans for the chicken.
🍽 What to serve with Mediterranean Greek Cobb Salad
Greek Cobb Salad makes a complete, balanced meal. If you'd like to add a pre-dinner appetizer or finger food, here are a few suggestions:
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates with Walnuts and Mint
- Blue Cheese Crostini with Crisp Honeyed Pear
- Puff Pastry Spinach Artichoke Pinwheels
- Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Cups
- Warm Rosemary Olives with Lemon
Desserts: Every delicious dinner needs a memorable dessert! Here are a few favourites to try with this Greek dinner:
- Gluten-free Lemon Curd Tart with Berries: This luscious lemon curd tart is also dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
- Cherry Crisp with Frozen Cherries: Warm sweet cherries with a gluten-free buttery, crunchy oat topping!
- Balsamic Strawberries: an easy 5-minute recipe that takes a dish of strawberries from sensational to superb!
⏰ Food safety storage instructions
Refrigerate leftover salad promptly and store in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Leftover dressing will last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Most homemade salad dressings like this Greek salad dressing will solidify when refrigerated. Just let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes and give it a good shake.
Enjoy this family-friendly Greek Chicken Cobb Salad!
🗒 More healthy chicken salad recipes
🌟Did you make this recipe?
When you make this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I love hearing from you! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Greek Chicken Cobb Salad--Family Style
Greek Lemon Garlic Marinade and Vinaigrette
Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 pound chicken breasts or chicken tenders, grilled or air fried, and sliced or cubed
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium orange bell, pepper, diced
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, Marzano if available, halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette. You will use part of this to marinate the chicken and the remaining as a salad dressing. Set aside to allow the flavours to blend.
- Chop the chicken and toss with ⅓ to ½ of the vinaigrette. Marinate for 20 - 30 minutes in the refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Wash, dry and chop the romaine and arrange it on a large serving platter.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and line up on the platter on top of the romaine.
- Grill or air-fry the chicken and add to the platter. Add the avocado just before serving to prevent it from browning.
- Toss with Greek Lemon Garlic vinaigrette.