Red Wine Citrus Pomegranate Sangria
This Citrus Pomegranate Sangria is very easy to make and perfect for holiday entertaining. Rich with Vitamin C from oranges, lemons, limes and pomegranate, it is full of flavour but not too sweet. Celebrate!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup Gran Marnier or Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup simple syrup* OR honey
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 medium organic oranges, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 organic lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, optional
- tonic water or sparkling water
In a large pitcher, stir all ingredients together, except sparkling water. Add fruit to pitcher.
Chill for at least 2 hours, (and preferably overnight) to allow the flavours to blend.
Pour over ice and top glasses with tonic or sparkling water to add extra sparkle, if desired.
To make simple syrup, heat equal amounts of sugar and water until sugar dissolves, then cool.
If you use honey instead of simple syrup, you may find that it settles to the bottom of the pitcher. Just give it a stir before serving.