Healthy Quinoa Bowl with Spinach and Strawberries
Healthy Quinoa Bowl with Spinach, Feta and Strawberries. Drizzled with a poppy seed dressing, this makes a delicious, nutritious meal in a bowl.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 large ( or 8 small) strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/2 lime, sliced, for garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro, for garnish
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and pepper
Cook 3/4 cup quinoa in 1 1/2 cups water. Spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
Arrange spinach in each of two bowls. Top with remaining salad ingredients, arranging attractively.
Drizzle with Poppy Seed Dressing just before serving.
Depending on how much dressing you like, you will likely have some left over. Calorie count includes all the dressing.
Strawberries are on the "Dirty Dozen" list, so you may want to choose organic.
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 566mg | Potassium: 1230mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 6770IU | Vitamin C: 74.8mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 4.9mg