Cajun Chicken Strips with Fresh Nectarine Salsa
Spicy, full-flavoured Cajun Chicken Strips with Nectarine Salsa on the side makes a light gluten-free meal that's fun to eat!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 - 3 tbsp Cajun seasoning mix homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup Panko crumbs, gluten-free if necessary toasted in 350°F oven for 4-5 minutes (optional)
Fresh Nectarine Salsa
- 1 large nectarine or peach finely diced, (1 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place a cooling rack on top of a sheet pan.
In a small bowl, beat egg. In another bowl, combine Cajun seasoning mix and Panko crumbs. Dip the chicken strips in beaten egg, then dredge in Cajun-seasoned Panko crumbs then place on the rack on top of the sheet pan.
Bake at 400°F for 15 - 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, prepare the salsa. Chop finely and combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Serve the chicken strips with nectarine salsa on the side. Best served right away.