Learn how to make Cajun seasoning mix at home with this easy-to-follow recipe. Get the perfect blend of spicy, savory, and aromatic flavors to add an authentic Cajun twist to your meals. Save money and customize the heat level to your taste with this homemade Cajun spice mix.
Make your own Cajun seasoning mix at home with this easy recipe!
❤️Why you'll love this recipe
- Perfectly balanced with a blend of spices, this homemade spice mix adds bold flavor to any dish.
- Save money and skip the store-bought mix with this simple DIY guide.
- Love Cajun flavours? If you love dishes like Jambalaya, Gumbo, Po'Boy sandwiches or my Easy Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice or Air Fryer Crispy Cajun Wings, mix up a batch of Cajun spice blend to have on hand.
- Easy! Of course, you can buy Jambalaya spice pre-made, but it's so easy to make your own. You can adjust the spices to make it milder, according to your family's tastes.
Combine all the dried spices in a small bowl then store in an airtight jar or a seasoning shaker. This recipe makes almost ¼ cup of spice mix for all your Cajun recipes.
And then, try one of my recipes using your own homemade Cajun spice mix!
🗒 Recipes using Cajun Seasoning Mix
Salmon: This spice mix makes a fabulous rub for salmon. Just pat the fillet dry, rub with the seasoning mix, let stand for an hour or so, then grill or bake. Try this Air Fryer Cajun Spiced Salmon.
Chicken: Try it on chicken, too. Mix the seasoning with a little oil, marinate the chicken, then place on a greased grill. You'll love this recipe for Cajun Chicken Thighs with Zesty Quinoa.
Chicken fingers: Like boneless chicken fingers? Use this Cajun seasoning mix to make these Crispy Cajun Chicken Strips with Nectarine Salsa.
Wings: Air Fryer Crispy Cajun Wings are deliciously crisp and juicy! When they're air fried with this spicy Cajun rub they're always a hit!
Shrimp: Cajun flavours also pair well with shrimp. Try these Grilled Cajun Prawn Kabobs with Pineapple or these low-carb Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Avocados.
This one-pan, 30-minute Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice boasts the flavours of New Orleans!
This homemade Jambalaya spice mix is quick and easy to combine, store in an airtight jar, and have ready to use on all your favourite Cajun dishes.
If you've used fresh spices, this mix will stay fresh for up to 6 months.
It has a kick, but it's not overly hot. You can adjust the level of heat by adding less (or more) cayenne pepper or dried chili flakes.
When you make this Cajun or Jambalaya Spice Mix recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I'd love to hear how you used it! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
More Homemade Seasoning and Sauces
How to Make Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight jar.