One-Pan Chicken with Prosciutto Pears and Parmesan
This one-pan chicken with prosciutto, pears and parmesan cheese has it all: tender juicy chicken, melted cheese and that sweet and salty contrast we crave!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 4-6 slices prosciutto cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, OR 4 to 6 breasts depending on size
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose, spelt or gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large or 2 small pears, cored and cut into 1/8ths, no need to peel
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese
Heat oven to 400°F. Fry prosciutto in a large oven-proof skillet on the stove top until crisp. Remove and set aside.
If chicken breasts are large, cut in half. Rub chicken with olive oil and season with thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Toss with flour until well coated.
Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and sear for 4 - 5 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, then add wine and broth. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink. If not serving right away, you can prepare the dish to this point, then refrigerate (or freeze) and reheat just before serving.
Tuck sliced pears in around the chicken pieces and drizzle with honey. Add the crisp prosciutto into the skillet as well. Sprinkle with cheese and transfer skillet to oven. Roast for 5 minutes or until pears have softened slightly and cheese has melted. Serve.