Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal Cups with Chia
Meal prep your breakfast! Make these Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal Cups with Chia and Kefir for a healthy grab and go breakfast. Great for mid-day snacks, too.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk of your choice (milk, almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk)
- 1/2 cup milk kefir or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or other oil or melted butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries or strawberries
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish or 12 muffin cups OR line with paper muffin cups. See Note 1.
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, kefir or yogurt, melted coconut oil and vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Gently add the berries, stir to distribute evenly. Transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish or fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup mixture. See Note 2.
Combine 1 tbsp coconut sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle evenly over the top. Bake muffin cups for 20 minutes, an 8 x 8 inch pan for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve warm, plain or with milk or yogurt.
Freeze extra muffin cups in an airtight container. Reheat in microwave for a quick breakfast.
- Using culinary paper muffin liners makes these baked oatmeal cups easy to remove from the pan and store.
- I use a large cookie scoop to fill the muffin cups. It makes it easy to distribute the batter evenly. If you want to make sure the berries are evenly distributed, before adding the berries to the batter, spoon a small amount of batter in each cup, add a layer of mixed berries, another layer of batter, more berries, and top with a final layer of batter.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 4.8mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 2.5mg