Slow Cooker Vegan Texas Black Bean Soup
This chunky homemade wholesome vegan black bean soup can simmer all day in your slow cooker. Made with canned items, it's an effortless healthy family meal.
- 2 19 oz. cans organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 -14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups corn kernels canned or frozen
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Combine all ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve as is, or if you prefer a smoother soup, use an immersion blender to purée half the soup and leave the other half chunky.
Garnish with sliced avocado, crispy tortilla strips, cilantro, lime wedges and sour cream (if not vegan).
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Sodium: 861mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3.1mg