Crunchy Cabbage Coleslaw with Sesame Miso Dressing
This fresh Crunchy Cabbage Coleslaw with Sesame Miso Dressing is not your everyday coleslaw! Enhanced with umami flavours, this mayo-free coleslaw is a quick and healthy side dish.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced, or shredded
- 1 cup carrots, julienne cut, or shredded
- 1 cup red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
Sesame Miso Dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil or regular sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp honey or rice syrup for vegan diet
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Thinly slice or shred cabbage. Use a julienne cutter or grate carrots, thinly slice peppers and green onions and combine all vegetables in a large bowl.
Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning. When they begin to darken and become fragrant, remove from heat immediately and transfer to a small plate to cool.
In a small jar, whisk the remaining ingredients until well combined. Add the toasted sesame seeds and toss with coleslaw.
Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6925IU | Vitamin C: 61.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.6mg