These little grain-free brownies are one hundred times better than those store-bought brownie bites in the brown paper bag. One hundred! And they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free as well! Not only that, but they take less than five minutes to make and you’ll only have one bowl to wash (your food processor). A win-win.
This brownie was my motivation for the last leg of our recent bike ride. When my legs were getting tired and my stomach was yelling, “hangry!” I remembered the brownies that I had packed and were waiting for me.
This is a simple one-bowl recipe. Process chocolate and hazelnuts in a food processor until very finely ground. Then add eggs, honey, vanilla and salt and fill mini muffin cups before baking.
These grain-free brownies are wonderfully dense and rich, just like a brownie should be! Too good not to share.
Seriously Good Grain-Free Brownie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 14 oz can organic coconut milk, chilled overnight in the refrigerator
- 1 10 oz bag dark chocolate chips dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine the chocolate chips and hazelnuts in a food processor and process until you can’t get them any finer ground, but before they start to clump together into a dough.
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla and salt and process for a full minute or two.
- Fill muffin tins almost to the top as these won’t rise significantly. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
- Just eat them as is, or frost with Whipped Chocolate Coconut Milk Frosting
- To make the frosting: Melt the chocolate over low heat in a medium pot. Remove the can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. Carefully open it and scoop the hardened milk from the can into the pot. Stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat, let cool. When cool, transfer to a chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. (Soooo good!)
Like this recipe for Grain-Free Brownies?
SAVE THIS TO ONE OF YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS
and connect with me on Pinterest! I’m always finding new tasty recipes to pin.