Need a quick weeknight dinner? These paleo Easy Thai Chicken Skewers are sweet, spicy and succulent.
These easy Thai Chicken Skewers are another one of our favourite chicken meals. These chicken kabobs are a little sweet and a little spicy!
This recipe is just as easy as our other favourites: Easy Thai Baked Chicken, Asian Glazed Chicken, Baked Lemon Chicken, Honey-Mustard Chicken with Turmeric, Maple Garlic Glazed Chicken and Cajun Chicken, and it’s oh-so-good!
Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs?
You can use skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chicken tenders, or chicken thighs in this recipe. They all work beautifully, resulting in flavourful kabobs, fresh from the grill. I’ve made these chicken kabobs many times, both on my outdoor and indoor grill because they’re just so easy.
Ingredients for Thai Chicken Skewers
Besides chicken breasts or thighs, you’ll need
- soy sauce: gluten-free tamari, or coconut aminos for Paleo diet
- sesame oil
- Sambal Oelek: Asian hot chili paste, or Sriracha sauce if you’d prefer
- ginger root: finely grated
- garlic: fresh is best
An easy recipe!
- First, whisk the marinade ingredients together.
- Thread the chicken pieces on to the skewers.
- Let them sit and soak up all that sweet and spicy goodness.
- Grill until no longer pink inside.
Serve these chicken kabobs with lots of fresh veggies and Thai Coconut Rice.
Get the napkins! These chicken kabobs are full of finger-licking yumminess. They’re Paleo too!
Easy Thai Chicken Skewers
- Reversible Cast Iron Grill/Griddle
- Metal Skewers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce tamari, or coconut aminos for paleo diet
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 - 2 tsp Sambal Oelek hot chili paste,or Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes or chunks and thread onto skewers.
- Put chicken cubes in a shallow dish, pour marinade over top and turn chicken pieces to make sure all are coated or submerged. Let marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator
- Grill over medium heat, turning after 7 minutes. Grill on the other side until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with Thai Coconut Rice.
Looking for more recipes for chicken skewers or chicken kabobs?
- Grilled Rosemary Mustard Chicken Kabobs
- Greek Lemon Chicken Kabobs with Tzatziki
- Thai Grilled Turmeric Chicken Kabobs
- Ginger-Garlic Glazed Korean Chicken Skewers
- Japanese Chicken Yakitori Skewers
This recipe was originally posted in 2015. I have updated it with new information.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.