This easy recipe for Grain-free Amaretto Brownies with chocolate ganache is made with almond flour and maple syrup. Gluten-free brownies with a kick from almond liqueur!
Can I tempt you with some boozy gluten-free Amaretto brownies? Rich brownies with a thick layer of chocolate ganache? If so, read on. If the idea of flavouring brownies with a liqueur is not for you, flip over to this grain-free recipe for Paleo Brownies with Salted Chocolate Ganache. You’ll love them.
But if you can imagine your teeth sinking through this chocolatey layer right into the brownie underneath, then this easy recipe is one you’ll want to make today. These Amaretto brownies are decadent, they’re delicious, and they’re grain-free! Made with almond flour and hazelnuts and sweetened with maple syrup, these brownies have a delicate flavour from almond liqueur.
This is an easy recipe. Here is all you’ll need to make these Grain-free Brownies with Salted Chocolate Ganache
- an 8-inch square baking pan
- parchment paper to line it
- 3 mixing bowls: 1 large, 1 medium and 1 small
- measuring spoons
- a saucepan
- a whisk
- a spatula
- a knife (or small food processor) for chopping nuts and chocolate
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, and spread in a parchment-paper lined baking pan. Then bake and cool and finally, spread with the chocolate ganache. Slice into 8 large bars or 16 squares when completely cool.
These brownies are actually better the second day as they become more moist. Store in an airtight container or freeze for another day.
Grain-Free Amaretto Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Amaretto or other almond liqueur
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups Superfine blanched almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Amaretto or other almond liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper or grease very thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup and Amaretto. Add the eggs and beat together.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa or cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache. Coarsely chop the chocolate and put in a small bowl. Heat the cream just until boiling, then pour over the chocolate. Let stand for 10 minutes without stirring to prevent it becoming grainy. Then whisk together until smooth and shiny and well incorporated.
- Once brownies are completely cool, spread the ganache over top and gently spread it to the edges. Chill in the refrigerator to set completely before slicing into squares. These brownies are even better the second day as they become more moist.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.