This healthy Breakfast Fruit Pizza is gluten-free and refined sugar-free. It's made with an oatmeal and honey crust and topped with yogurt and fresh berries.
Can you think of a more cheerful way to start your day? This gluten-free Breakfast Fruit Pizza will be on our breakfast table on Canada Day!
While it looks like dessert, it's actually a healthy breakfast. Made with an oats and honey crust and topped with Greek yogurt and fresh strawberries, it's a wholesome, nutritious breakfast.
Red and white for all of us here in Canada on July 1!
And red, white and blue for my friends in the USA celebrating the 4th of July!
This Breakfast Fruit Pizza is so easy, your kids could make it!
Start by combining oats, oat flour, butter (or coconut oil), honey, cinnamon and vanilla and press into a pan. Bake and cool.
Or make small personal pizza crusts and let your kids go wild decorating their own!
Spread with lightly sweetened plain thick Greek yogurt (or coconut milk yogurt to keep it dairy-free).
Have fun decorating it with berries or your favourite fruit. Or let your kids create their own masterpieces!
Slice and enjoy this easy made-from-scratch patriotic breakfast fruit pizza! It's fresh, it's quick, it's gluten-free (with certified gluten-free oats) and it's free of refined sugar.
Easy Gluten-Free Breakfast Fruit Pizza
- 2 cups rolled oats use certified gluten-free if necessary
- ¾ cup oat flour just grind rolled oats in a blender
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or butter melted
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ⅓ cups plain Greek yogurt very thick full-fat
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- strawberries and/or raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 10-inch round pan with parchment paper or grease thoroughly. I used a flan pan with a removable bottom, but a springform pan will work just as well. Alternatively, line a baking sheet with parchment paper if you want to make individual "cookie" pizzas.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flour, cinnamon and salt. In a measuring cup or small bowl combine melted coconut oil or butter, honey and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
- Press firmly into a prepared pan. The dough will be sticky, so you may find it helpful to put a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and press down to spread evenly in the pan. OR make 4 individual "cookie" pizzas on a baking sheet. Press together firmly to avoid crumbling edges.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool (in refrigerator if you're in a hurry.)
- In a small bowl, combine thick Greek yogurt with maple syrup and vanilla. Sweeten to taste. Spread over cooled crust.
- Decorate concentrically or randomly with fresh berries or other fruit. Slice and serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
I adapted this recipe from Life Made Sweeter
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.