Gingerbread Spiced Granola with yogurt or almond milk provides fuel for a winter day! Lightly spiced and naturally sweetened, it’s perfect for winter breakfasts.
Homemade Gingerbread Spiced Granola–I can’t think of anything more cozy and comforting to have on a winter morning than a bowl of this crunchy goodness.
Make it and your home will smell wonderful! Warm aromatic spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, toasty oats, and maple wafting through my kitchen yesterday made me actually welcome winter weather!
Making granola always makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something. I’ve made a wholesome breakfast for several days! And yet, it’s so easy. This recipe takes only thirty minutes in the oven to achieve toasted crunchy bliss.
However, at this time of year, when the mornings are frosty, Gingerbread Spiced Granola takes top billing!
And wouldn’t a parfait made with this Gingerbread Spiced Granola layered with yogurt and crisp fresh pears be perfect for Christmas morning?
Easy. Delicious. Nutritious.
Ingredients for Gingerbread Spiced Granola
- rolled oats: old fashioned oats, not quick oats. Use certified gluten-free oats, if necessary.
- nuts and seeds: raw pumpkin seeds, pecans, and/or pistachios.
- gingerbread spices: cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- coconut oil: melted, to promote toasting and browning of the oats
- molasses: adds that special gingerbread flavour! I used cooking molasses, not fancy molasses or blackstrap.
- maple syrup: for natural sweetness
- dried cranberries: optional, but cranberries give it a festive touch!
Make this Recipe your Own!
One of the best things about making granola is that you can tailor it to suit your likes or dislikes. For example, you can substitute walnuts, almonds or pistachios for pecans, add a few sunflower seeds, or toss in some hemp hearts.
If you like dried fruit in your granola, add dried cranberries or chopped dried apricots.
Any of those flavours would work well with gingerbread spices. Serve it with yogurt, milk or your favourite non-dairy milk. Cashew milk is my current crush. I topped it with some fresh sliced pears today.
This Homemade Gingerbread Spiced Granola
- is gluten-free (when made with certified gluten-free oats)
- is quick and easy
- makes a wholesome topping for yogurt
- is great to have on hand for a quick breakfast
- tastes like gingerbread!
Gingerbread Spiced Granola
- sheet pan
- parchment paper
- measuring cups
- Heat oven to 250°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, pecans, and spices.
- In a Pyrex measuring cup or small bowl, melt coconut oil. Whisk in molasses and maple syrup. Add to oat mixture and stir to combine evenly.
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until lightly browned and slightly crisp. Cool completely. Add optional dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
Love making your home smell “homey”?
See this post. Make Your Own Simmering Holiday Potpourri
This post was originally published in 2017. It has been updated with new photos and information.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.