These grain-free Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bars are insanely delicious, easy to make, and are gluten-free! No baking required. Totally addictive.
These grain-free Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bars will satisfy any sweet craving you might have. They're absolutely decadent and delicious, but they're gluten-free and made without refined sugar. And with that spectacular topping, they're fancy enough for a celebration, too.
This recipe is a riff on my No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. I simply used the same base, but added the peanut butter swirl to dress them up. If you haven't done this swirly peanut-buttery-chocolatey topping before, you must. It's easy, it's fun and it'll bring out that creative artistic self you know is hiding in there.
Ready to make these? Here's what you'll need.
Ingredients for Grain-Free Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bars
- almonds: raw
- coconut: shredded, unsweetened
- maple syrup: pure
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
Combine the base ingredients and press firmly into an 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate or freeze while preparing the chocolate topping and melting the peanut butter.
How to make peanut butter chocolate swirl topping
Simply spread the peanut butter base with melted chocolate (mixed with a little coconut oil to prevent it from splintering when you cut it). Then squeeze lines of melted peanut butter about 3/4 inches apart all over the surface. With a toothpick or a wooden skewer, draw perpendicular lines, dragging through the peanut butter.
Presto! You have a beautiful pattern that looks like it came from a French patisserie!
Bite into one of these and your munchies will be a thing of the past. And if you love peanut butter treats, you'll love my 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bars
For the base
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
For the chocolate topping
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chopped quality dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, melted
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Put almonds in food processor and pulse until finely chopped
- Add the remaining base ingredients and pulse until very well combined.
- Spread evenly in the baking dish, pressing down firmly.
- Refrigerate or freeze while melting the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips or chunks over, not in, hot water. Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to make it easier to slice without cracking the top.
- Melt the peanut butter and transfer to a frosting bag with a small round tip (or just use a ZipLok bag and snip a tiny bit off one corner to make your own decorating bag).
- Remove pan from refrigerator and spread the chocolate topping evenly over the base.
- With the peanut butter bag, make straight lines about 3/4 inch apart across the surface. Use a toothpick or a skewer to draw lines perpendicular to the peanut butter lines, dragging the peanut butter into swirls.
- Return to refrigerator to set completely, then slice into small bars or triangles.
- These Peanut Butter Swirl Chocolate Bars freeze well.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.