A refreshing Raspberry Leaf, Rosemary and Orange Iced tea made with either fresh or dried raspberry leaves. Serve it iced in the summer and warm in the winter for its medicinal benefits . . . or just because it tastes great!
This Raspberry Leaf, Rosemary and Orange Iced Tea is so refreshing!
If you grow your own raspberries, watch for the time when the leaves are soft and bright green and the berries are beginning to form. This is the time to make this delicious, healthy, herbal iced tea! I found this recipe for Raspberry Leaf Rosemary and Orange Iced Tea in the latest issue of Alive magazine. With fresh raspberry leaves and rosemary from my garden, it seemed like the perfect drink to make on a hot, sunny afternoon.
Use fresh raspberry leaves or dried raspberry leaves in this herbal tea
If you don't have fresh raspberry leaves, dried ones are readily available in your local health food store, or online. You can read all about the amazing benefits of raspberry leaf on Wellness Mama.
Ready to detoxify your body and focus on "clean eating?" Here's what you'll need to make a pitcher of this refreshing iced tea.
Ingredients for Raspberry Leaf, Rosemary and Orange Iced Tea
rosemary: fresh is best, but you can use dried leaves
orange: organic is best, as you'll be using the peel, too.
raspberry leaves: fresh or dried
orange marmalade: no-sugar added brand
orange juice: freshly squeezed
raspberries: for garnish
How to Make Raspberry Leaf Iced Tea
Here's a quick overview of what you'll do to make a pitcher of iced tea. Detailed instructions are in the recipe card below.
Put the rosemary, raspberry leaves and orange slices in a large pitcher.
Bring water and marmalade to a boil, cool slightly
Pour the mixture through a strainer into the pitcher with the rosemary, raspberry leaves and orange slices.
Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, then serve over ice, garnished with fresh raspberries.
This herbal iced tea has a delicate, slightly sweet flavour. Garnish it with fresh orange slices and a few fresh or frozen raspberries, sit back, and let its antioxidant benefits relax and rejuvenate you!
Raspberry Leaf, Rosemary and Orange Iced Tea
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 organic orange, washed and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberry leaves, loosely packed, or 2 Tablespoons dried raspberry leaves
- 2 tbsp no-sugar-added orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, optional
- 4 fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish
- Place rosemary, orange and raspberry leaves in a jug or jar that will hold at least 4 cups (1 liter).
- In a covered medium pot, bring 4 cups of water and marmalade to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- If using fresh herbs, allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes. If using dried, pour over the herbs immediately. Allow to steep for 10 -15 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into a jug and refrigerate for 3 to 6 hours.
- Serve chilled over ice, garnished with orange slices and raspberries.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.