A refreshing Raspberry Leaf, Rosemary and Orange Iced tea made with either fresh or dried raspberry leaves. Serve it iced in the summer and warm in the winter for its medicinal benefits . . . or just because it tastes great!
My raspberry bushes are just at their peak now. The leaves are soft and bright green and they’re forming berries like crazy. I found this recipe for Raspberry Leaf Rosemary and Orange Iced Tea in the latest issue of Alive magazine. With fresh raspberry leaves and rosemary from my garden, it seemed like the perfect drink to make on a hot, sunny afternoon.
If you don’t have fresh raspberry leaves, dried ones are readily available in your local health food store, or online. Read about the amazing benefits of raspberry leaf on Wellness Mama.
After eating and drinking our way through the Czech Republic, Portugal and Spain last month, and sampling as many different types of food as we possibly could, it is definitely time to for Denis and I to detoxify our bodies and get back to “clean eating.”
This herbal iced tea has a delicate, slightly sweet flavour. Garnish it with fresh orange slices and a few fresh or frozen raspberries, sit back, and let its antioxidant benefits relax and rejuvenate you!
Raspberry Leaf, Rosemary and Orange Iced Tea
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 organic orange, washed and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberry leaves, loosely packed, or 2 Tablespoons dried raspberry leaves
- 2 tbsp no-sugar-added orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, optional
- 4 fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish
- Place rosemary, orange and raspberry leaves in a jug or jar that will hold at least 4 cups (1 liter).
- In a covered medium pot, bring 4 cups of water and marmalade to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- If using fresh herbs, allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes. If using dried, pour over the herbs immediately. Allow to steep for 10 -15 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into a jug and refrigerate for 3 to 6 hours.
- Serve chilled over ice, garnished with orange slices and raspberries.