Chicken Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice is a paleo meal-in-a-bowl! Succulent fajita chicken, with colourful peppers, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro-lime cauliflower rice, all in one super bowl, makes a tasty Tex-Mex dinner.
If you’re one of those people who doesn’t like the food on your plate to touch each other, or if you’re one who eats a meal item by item, you should stop reading now. You probably won’t like this Chicken Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice!
Meals-in-a-bowl have become trendy, it seems.
Pinterest abounds with all kinds of options for bowl meals. I love these bowls because they make sense to me. If I’m creating a meal and making sure the flavours complement one another, then why would I not allow them to cosy up to one another and share their tastiness with their neighbour instead of being separated on a plate? Besides, on those lazy, casual nights, a bowl on my lap on the couch while Netflixing (is that a word?) is much easier to handle than a dinner plate.
The Cauliflower Rice Bandwagon is still rolling along.
In fact, it’s gathering speed, and if you haven’t jumped on it yet, you must. Cauliflower rice is absolutely delicious and incredibly versatile, taking on the flavour of whatever you decide to season it with. While most of North American seems to be complaining about the high price of cauliflower, for some reason cauliflower imported from California is dirt cheap in local markets now.
This Chicken Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice is an official Busy Weeknight Meal.
Double or triple the fajita chicken portion of the recipe and freeze it in meal-size containers. Do the same with the cauliflower rice (see easy instructions here) and then all you have to do is sauté some bell peppers and onions and add some fresh vegetables to your bowl. Finally, drizzle it all with the pan juices and dig in to this totally satisfying Tex-Mex meal in a bowl.
P.S. If you’re looking for another busy weeknight meal-in-a-bowl, check out this Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl with Watermelon and Feta and this Asian Wild Salmon Buddha Bowl (so good!)
Chicken Fajita Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp oil, (like grapeseed)
- 1 small red onion,, sliced thinly
- 3 bell peppers,, red, orange, and yellow
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes,, chopped
- 1 avocado,, peeled, pit removed and sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower rice with cilantro and lime
- If your chicken breasts are quite thick, slice them horizontally so they will cook quickly. Set aside in a glass dish.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour over chicken breasts. Allow to marinate for 1 - 2 hours or up to 8 hours in the fridge.
- Slice onion and peppers and chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Prepare cauliflower rice (see easy instructions here).
- Heat oil in skillet until it shimmers. Carefully add chicken breasts and sear. Cook on each side for about 5-7 minutes (if thinly sliced, longer if thicker) until meat thermometer registers at least 165°F and juices run clear. Remove from pan, cover with foil and let rest. while you quickly sauté the peppers and onions.
- Assemble the bowls with the cauliflower rice, peppers, onions and tomatoes.
- Peel and slice avocado last to prevent browning. Add chicken to dish, drizzle with pan juices and serve immediately.
Cauliflower Rice is so easy, it will become one of your go-to recipes! Click here for easy 3-step cooking instructions.
More Meal-in-a-Bowl Ideas
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.