Individual cherry crisp desserts, cooked in ramekins or small baking cups in an air fryer make a quick and easy gluten-free dessert! Use fresh or frozen cherries to make this delicious low-sugar dessert with an oatmeal crumble topping.
Mini air fryer cherry crisp dessert!
This single-serve cherry crisp, cooked in an air fryer, might be one of the quickest desserts you'll ever make! Sweet cherries with a crumble topping made with rolled oats make a tiny, individual dessert.
These mini desserts are perfect for those times when you only want a "taste!" If you've been following for a while, you'll know that I love mini desserts! Next time you're looking for ideas, check my collection of 12 Mini Gluten-Free Desserts in Jars.
This cherry crumble recipe will make four small desserts, cooked in small six-ounce ramekins. Both fresh or frozen cherries work well in this easy dessert. I'm always looking for more recipes using frozen cherries, and this is one I've made often lately.
If you love cherries as much as I do, save this 8 Fabulous Cherry Recipes for Fresh or Frozen Cherries.
Have I whetted your appetite? I know you'll love this air fryer cherry crisp! Let's get started.
A complete list of ingredients for this air fryer cherry dessert is in the recipe card below.
To make these single-serve cherry crisps, you'll need:
- cherries: fresh or frozen, and pitted, of course. I love using frozen cherries, as they come already pitted. Costco sells organic frozen cherries, but you can find other varieties in smaller quantities in the freezer section of your supermarket.
- sweetener: your choice: granulated sugar, coconut sugar, or 0-calorie Monkfruit sweetener with erythritol for a sugar-free dessert.
- thickener: cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- flavouring: pure almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- rolled oats: also called old-fashioned oats
- oat flour: or almond flour or gluten-free flour blend
- sweetener: see above note
- almonds: finely chopped (optional)
This air fryer cherry crumble dessert is quick and easy to assemble. You'll find complete step-by-step instructions in the recipe card below.
- Begin by combining fresh or frozen cherries with a sweetener of your choice, a small amount of thickener like cornstarch or arrowroot, and a hint of almond extract.
- Next, make the crumble topping. Combine melted butter with oats, oat or almond flour (or even gluten-free flour blend), sweetener, chopped almonds, and a pinch of salt.
- Divide the cherry mixture between four small 6-ounce ramekins. (affiliate link) Top with a few tablespoons of the crisp topping.
- Wrap each ramekin in foil. If you don't, the topping will brown too quickly. Wrapping in foil allows the cherry mixture to cook first, before browning the crumble topping.
- Cook for 14 - 16 minutes, then, using oven mitts, remove the ramekins and remove the aluminum foil. Return the ramekins to the air fryer. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and crisp.
- Use oven mitts to remove the ramekins as they will be very hot.
- Let the cherry crisp desserts cool slightly, then serve plain, or with ice cream, whipped cream, or whipped coconut milk.
🔁 Ways to vary this air fryer cherry crisp
Make larger portions! Divide the filling and topping evenly between two coffee mugs and follow the directions as written.
Omit the almonds to keep this cherry crisp recipe nut-free.
Meal prep suggestion
Double or quadruple the crumble topping ingredients and freeze the extra to make more mini air fryer desserts another day! To calculate ingredient amounts, click on the "4" by the word Servings in the recipe card below. A tiny slider will appear. Slide to 8 or 16 servings.
Cover leftover cherry crisps and refrigerate. Reheat at 350°F. for 3 minutes in your air fryer.
Enjoy! If you make this air fryer dessert, let me know in the comments section below. I love hearing about what you're cooking!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you! Pin it and follow me on Pinterest for more tasty ideas. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Air Fryer Cherry Almond Crisp
- 2 cups cherries, halved, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp sugar, or Monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp cornstarch, or arrowroot
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- In a small bowl, combine halved cherries (fresh or frozen) with sweetener, cornstarch, and almond extract.
- In another bowl, melt butter, then combine with remaining topping ingredients.
- Divide cherry filling evenly between four small ramekins. Top with crumble topping, pressing down gentlly.
- Cover with foil, wrapping ramekins completely.
- Arrange in air fryer basket. Air fry at 375°F. for 14-16 minutes or until cherries are bubbling.
- Carefully remove foil. Ramekins will be hot!
- Cook for 3 minutes at 375°F. more to brown the crisp topping. Use oven mitts to remove the ramekins from the air fryer, as they will be hot.
- Let cool slightly, then serve warm plain, or with ice cream, whipped cream or whipped coconut milk.