Simple, wholesome oatmeal cookies full of wintertime treats! These Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies have a sweet surprise in every bite.
I have a favourite time of day. When dinner is over and the kitchen is tidy, we relax on the couch to either read or watch TV . . . with a cookie. These cranberry pecan white chocolate oatmeal cookies are the ones we’ve devoured this week. With all those festive ingredients tucked inside, it feels like we’re eating sugary Christmas cookies when really, we’re having a somewhat wholesome oatmeal cookie!
We rarely have dessert on week nights, so a cookie or two fills that gap. These cookies freeze beautifully. When I make this recipe, I often double it, keep a few cookies to enjoy fresh, and freeze the rest.
A reliable oatmeal cookie recipe!
Made with rolled oats, oat flour and coconut sugar, these cookies are gluten free. I used my reliable oatmeal cookie recipe, the same one I used to make these Cherry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies and Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies. I changed the flavouring by adding dried cranberries, chopped pecans and Callebaut white chocolate chunks. Delicious!
When you’re planning your holiday baking for friends and family, consider offering a gluten-free cookie, too. This recipe just might be the one you’re looking for.
Recipe Tips: How to Make Gluten Free Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature so they combine easily with the other ingredients.
- You can buy oat flour, but you can also grind rolled oats in a dry grains container for your high-speed blender and make your own flour. Be sure to measure the oat flour for this recipe after grinding, not before.
- Use quality chocolate. It really will make a difference in the final taste.
- Make all the cookies the same size so they will bake evenly. The easiest way to do this is to use a cookie scoop.
- Use a sturdy baking pan to insure even cooking.
More Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookie recipe ideas
- Gluten-free Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten-Free Cherry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies
Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar , (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg,, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour,, certified gluten-free, if necessary**
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats,, certified gluten-free, if necessary
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixture until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- And to creamed mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in chopped nuts, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Kitchen items I recommend for this recipe
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.