Peaches, raspberries and creamy almond milk combine to make this healthy paleo Peach Melba Smoothie Bowl, thickened with chia, sweetened with honey, and topped with fresh fruit and crunchy nuts.
Smoothie bowls are starting to replace my regular daily breakfast smoothie. They’ve been creeping in on a regular basis, ever since I discovered that I really like some crunch in my morning meal.
While this Mocha Almond Smoothie Bowl is high on my list of personal favourites, when there is so much fresh fruit available in the gardens and farmer’s markets, I love to get creative and take advantage of it. Peaches and raspberries form a marriage made in heaven and this Peach Melba Smoothie Bowl was the result of that combination today.
Peach Melba is something that reminds me of Betty Crocker or other cooks who have been around for years. It’s a classic dessert featuring peaches, raspberries and vanilla ice cream. Older recipe books abound with variations of this dessert.
I’m adding just one more variation, with a healthier, clean-eating twist, replacing the ice cream with non-dairy milk, eliminating the sugar and adding superfoods like chia and hemp. These superfoods are packed with antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron. They’re also high in fiber and protein. I find they keep me feeling full longer.
Having a smoothie bowl for breakfast gives me energy and keeps me going right until lunch.
Trade your straw for a spoon today and dig into this healthy Peach Melba Smoothie Bowl!
Peaches, raspberries and creamy almond milk combine to make this healthy Peach Melba Smoothie Bowl with chia seeds, fresh fruit, crunchy nuts and hemp seeds.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 large peach
- 1/2 - 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup, depending on the sweetness of the fruit
- Garnish with sliced almonds, peach , raspberries and hemp hearts
- Blend all ingredients (except garnishes) in a blender. Pour into a bowl and, when slightly thickened, garnish with fruit, nuts and seeds.
Kitchen Items to make this healthy Peach Melba Smoothie Bowl
Here are more delicious ways to trade your straw for a spoon!
This month I participated in a collaboration with some of Canada’s best food bloggers through the Canadian Food Creatives. The theme was ‘Fresh from the Garden’ chosen by our host Cassie at Crumb Kitchen and we all took a unique take on this topic. Check out the links below to see everyone else’s creations! #cdnfoodcreatives
- Beef and Mushroom Lettuce Wraps by Food Mamma
- Caramelized Peaches with Coconut Whipped Cream and Crumble by Crumb Kitchen
- Easy Sheet Pan Oven-Roasted Root Vegetables by She Loves Biscotti
- Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad by Making Healthy Choices
- Healthy Peach Melba Smoothie Bowl by Flavour and Savour
- Mexican Bean Salsa by 365 Days of Easy Recipes
- Potatoes with Green Onion and Dill by Homemade & Yummy
- Roasted Beet Chocolate Brownies by Tiny Sweet Tooth
- Roasted Veggie Bocconcini Pasta Salad by Sugarlovespices
- Strawberry Mint Chickpea Salad by Healthy Life Redesign
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Save this to one of your Pinterest boardsand connect with me on Pinterest! I’m always finding new tasty recipes to pin.Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!