This Mediterranean Chopped Salad recipe is easy to adapt to your family's tastes. It's fresh, crisp and colourful and perfect for potlucks or family gatherings.
This recipe for Mediterranean Chopped Salad is a long-time favourite in our home. We love the colour, the crunch and the rich flavour of vegetables, garlic and herbs.
I make variations of this Greek-style salad throughout the year. It's a recipe that you can easily adapt to your liking.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Start with the basics: cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, and red onion, then customize it to your family's tastes. I added cannellini beans, but you could substitute chickpeas or cooked quinoa as I did in this Garden Fresh Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
Keep it Greek by adding Kalamata olives, (or omit them if you have olive-haters in your group!) Top those beautiful colours with crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Toss those colourful veggies and protein-rich beans with a simple Greek dressing made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, garlic and herbs and enjoy!
This Mediterranean Chopped Salad is an ideal choice for a potluck.
Here's a salad that won't get passed over!
It's also great for a picnic. We took it camping recently and munched away in the sunshine on the beach. With no lettuce or greens to turn limp or slimy, this salad stayed fresh, crisp and crunchy.
I hope this becomes one of your "go-to" recipes, too.
Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Cannellini Beans
- 1 14 oz (398 ml) can cannellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 each of red, yellow and orange bell peppers, diced
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. (125 gm) feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and let stand while preparing salad ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing. (You may have extra left over.) Refrigerate until serving time.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.