Here's an easy finger food appetizer made with cucumber, lemon-dill cream cheese and smoked salmon. These smoked salmon cucumber bites can be ready to devour in less than 10 minutes! Keto-friendly.
Question: What to make when you're pressed for time and need a quick pre-dinner finger food?
Answer: these Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites with cream cheese.
They're fresh, crisp and flavourful, everyone loves them. Not only that, they're suitable for your friends who may be following a gluten-free or keto diet.
You'll find lots of appetizer recipes and finger food ideas here, like 20 Easy Finger Food Appetizers. These cucumber cream cheese bites, however, have to be the easiest ever! For more inspiration, check my Appetizers category.
- cucumber: the straight, Long English cucumbers work best for this appetizer.
- cream cheese: use the spreadable variety.
- dill: fresh or dried (use ⅓ less if using dried dill)
- lemon zest: adds a bright fresh flavour.
- smoked salmon: either hot-smoked salmon or cold-smoked salmon.
Simply slice a Long English cucumber into rounds, scoop out a small amount of the seeds in the center of each, add a dollop of cream cheese that you mixed with lemon zest and dill and top it off with a tiny slice of smoked salmon.
🔁 Possible Variations
Change it up!
Get your creative juices flowing and switch this recipe up.
Add a little horseradish to the cream cheese instead of the lemon and dill. Or chives. Or lemon and garlic. How about a tiny caper on each?
Try these Crab Stuffed Cucumber Cups, too!
👍🏼Tip for making the best smoked salmon appetizer with cucumbers
No matter which way you choose to serve these, do serve them immediately or within a few hours. I made the mistake recently of preparing them a day in advance, but the cucumbers became a little weepy and lost their crunch.
Fresh is always best!
When you make this smoked salmon finger food with cucumbers, please leave a comment and a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating below. Thanks in advance! Subscribe to my newsletter and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- 1 Long English cucumber, washed and dried
- ½ cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup smoked salmon, either hot-smoked or cold-smoked
- Remove ends from cucumber and slice into rounds ¼ - ½ inch thick. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest. Spread or pipe a little on top of each cucumber round.
- Top with a small slice of smoked salmon and a tiny sprig of fresh dill. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment