Here’s an easy finger food, made with cucumber, lemon-dill cream cheese and smoked salmon. Ready in less than 10 minutes! Keto-friendly.
Question: What to make when you’re pressed for time and need a quick pre-dinner finger food? Answer: these Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appies.
They’re fresh, crisp and flavourful, everyone loves them and they’re suitable for a keto diet.
Simply slice a Long English cucumber into rounds, scoop out a small amount of the seeds in the center of each, add a dollop of cream cheese flavoured with lemon and dill and top it off with a tiny slice of smoked salmon. Done.
Change it up!
Get your creative juices flowing and switch this recipe up. Add a little horseradish to the cream cheese instead of the lemon and dill. Or chives. Or lemon and garlic. How about a tiny caper on each?
How ever you choose to serve these, do serve them immediately or within a few hours. I made the mistake recently of preparing them a day in advance, but the cucumbers became a little weepy and lost their crunch. Fresh is always best!
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appies
- 1 Long English cucumber, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- fresh dill
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon
- Remove ends from cucumber and slice into rounds 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest. Spread or pipe a little on top of each cucumber round.
- Top with a small slice of smoked salmon and a tiny sprig of fresh dill. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.