These spicy baked Thai Turkey Cocktail Meatballs are quick to mix, baked in the oven and served with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce for dipping.
Spicy Thai Turkey Cocktail Meatballs are on the menu today, just in time for holiday parties! If you like a hot ‘n spicy meatball, dripping with a peppery sweet chili sauce, then you’re going to love these.
Not only are they tasty little morsels, they’re quick and easy to mix up, even easier to cook, and they need minimal clean up! That’s my kind of recipe. Scrumptious food, effortlessly prepared!
This recipe is a riff on Open Face Thai Chicken Burgers that we eat often. I used the same seasoning, but substituted ground turkey, formed them into cocktail-sized meatballs and baked them instead of frying.
How to cook these Thai Turkey Cocktail Meatballs
The best way to cook these turkey cocktail meatballs is to bake them in the oven. And the best way I’ve found is to arrange them on a rack on top of a baking sheet. In this way, heat can circulate underneath the meatballs, allowing for even cooking–and no sticking to the pan! Line the baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper for easy clean up.
While you could make your own Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, and that’s very admirable, you can also go easy on yourself and use store-bought dipping sauce, like I did.
Or, as an alternative, serve these baked turkey meatballs with the peanut sauce used in this recipe for Super Crunchy Thai Noodle Salad.
Mix the seasoning ingredients in a food processor, add the turkey and form into balls, bake and serve with party forks or cocktail picks and Thai sweet chili dipping sauce and enjoy!
Spicy Thai Turkey Cocktail Meatballs with Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey, or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium dried Thai red chili pepper, finely minced
- 2/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a cooling rack on top of the parchment paper. Brush or spray the rack with cooking oil.
- Put all ingredients except turkey in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Alternatively, chop or mince by hand.In a medium bowl, combine turkey with chopped ingredients, stirring until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, form into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place about 2 inches apart on rack.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Transfer baking pan to the upper shelf in your oven and broil for 2 - 3 minutes or until tops of meatballs are beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving dish and serve with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce for dipping. These cocktail meatballs can be baked ahead of time, stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator and reheated just before serving.
Kitchen Items I used to make these Thai Turkey Cocktail Meatballs
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.