Fluffy whipped cheese and fresh sweet strawberries on a tiny toast make a tasty appetizer.
This Strawberry Whipped Feta Crostini, topped with luscious strawberries and mint straight from the garden is too good not to share. I know I have a lot of crostini recipes here on Flavour and Savour, but I simply had to include just one more!
Crostini means “little toasts” in Italian. If you love easy appetizers like I do, you may want to check my recipe index for Crostini Appetizers. You’ll find a dozen choices, including some topped with ricotta, blue cheese, goat cheese, cheddar, burrata and more. And if you want to avoid the pitfalls and make perfect crostini every time, read 5 Tips for Making Crostini.
With fresh strawberries in local markets, and berries ripening in the garden, adding them to a tiny toast topped with whipped feta and cream cheese seemed like a great way to enjoy them. And drizzling them with a little honey and balsamic glaze intensified their flavour even more.
How to make Strawberry Whipped Feta Crostini appetizers
Slice your favourite baguette: sourdough, multigrain, spelt or gluten-free, then brush with a little olive oil and toast in the oven until golden brown, crisp on the outside but still tender .
- Whip equal parts of feta cheese and light cream cheese together and spread on the cooled crostini.
- Then top with thinly sliced strawberries, gently pressing into the cheese so they don’t fall off.
- Next, drizzle with a little honey and some balsamic glaze.
- And finally, add a fresh mint leaf (or basil if you don’t have mint.)
- Serve and devour!
The easiest appetizer you’ll make all summer!
Strawberry Whipped Feta Crostini
- 16 slices baguette, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 4 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 12 - 16 strawberries
- pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 - 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- mint leaves for garnish
- Slice baguette, brush lightly with olive oil and bake at 375°F for 7 - 8 minutes, turning over halfway through until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix feta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Spread on each of the crostini.
- Slice strawberries and arrange on top of whipped cheese mixture. Sprinkle lightly with black pepper, drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Items I used to make this Strawberry Whipped Feta Crostini
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.