Roasted Cherry Goat Cheese Crostini appetizers: sweet, yet savoury; crisp, yet creamy. You’ll love this finger food at your next party!
Crostini appetizers are always popular when I serve them. You can pack a lot of interesting flavour combinations on top of one small slice of baguette!
If you love creating crostini as much as I do, check out this post on 5 Tips for Making Crostini which outlines common mistakes and how to prevent them.
Cherry season is such a short one, and fresh cherries are incredibly delicious. However, you can make this crostini appetizer with frozen cherries, as well. Luckily, there’s no need to do without cherries in the middle of winter. Frozen organic cherries are readily available in supermarkets.
As you know, I avoid gluten in my diet, and gluten-free baguettes are now available, often in the freezer section. My local bakery sells products made with ancient grains and I’ve found that spelt flour sometimes agrees with me. I used a spelt baguette in this recipe, but any baguette will be successful.
Crostini appetizers make popular finger food
These Roasted Cherry and Goat Cheese Crostini rate right up there with my other favourite crostini recipes, like this Blue Cheese Crostini with Crisp Honeyed Pear , Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini or Honey Roasted Fig and Burrata Crostini.
We gave these ones with roasted cherries a 10 out of 10. They’re sweet, and yet they’re savoury. They’re crispy, but creamy. Tiny toasts, smeared with salty goat cheese spread, topped with rosemary roasted cherries and drizzled with honey and balsamic glaze made an appy to remember, or “one for the blog” as we say.
Ingredients for Roasted Cherry Goat Cheese Crostini
- a baguette: any type, or gluten-free
- olive oil
- cherries: fresh or frozen
- rosemary: fresh
- goat cheese: soft and creamy
- cream cheese: regular or low-fat
- lemon juice and zest
- balsamic glaze: homemade or store-bought
Roasted Cherry Goat Cheese Crostini are easy to make!
- Toast the baguette slices.
- Whip the goat cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and honey to make a spread.
- Roast the cherries with rosemary.
- Assemble and drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze.
- Devour these little gems!
Roasted Cherry Goat Cheese Crostini
- 12 slices baguette 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 24 fresh or frozen cherries pitted and halved
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze home made or store-bought, for drizzling
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch slices.
- Brush lightly with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake at 375°F for 7 – 8 minutes, turning over halfway through until golden brown. The crostini should be slightly crispy on top but the inside should be tender.
- Spread cherries on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary. Roast in the oven for 5 - 7 minutes while you're toasting the baguette.
- In a mini food processor (or blender) make the whipped goat cheese: combine goat cheese, cream cheese, 1 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp lemon zest. Process until blended.
- Spread each baguette slice with whipped goat cheese, top with two or three roasted cherry halves, drizzle with remaining honey and balsamic glaze and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and fresh rosemary. Serve and enjoy!
Guarantee success! Check out this post on 5 Tips for Making Crostini.
This post was originally published in 2016. I have updated it with new information and photos.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.