This simple appetizer of Peach Crostini with Lemon Ricotta Cheese and Honey will surprise you. It's incredibly flavourful and it's so easy to whip up at the last minute! A perfect summer appetizer with fresh peach slices!
This recipe for fresh peach crostini with ricotta and honey is so simple, but it's insanely delicious! Spread creamy lemon ricotta cheese on a thin slices of toasted baguette, top them with a slice of fresh, juicy peach slices, drizzle them all with honey and sprinkle with tiny thyme leaves. That's it!
Nothing complicated. Just fresh, clean ingredients in a tiny, two-bite appetizer.
Crostini appetizers are fun to make and the varieties are almost endless. They're simple to put together but you can easily avoid a few common mistakes.
For sure-fire success, check this post 5 Tips for Making Crostini. It includes helpful tips and 10 more crostini recipe ideas.
I'm lucky to have my own peach tree. In peach season, I pick the peaches a few at a time as they ripen. I love them in a host of different ways: in a smoothie bowl, in iced tea, as a glaze for chicken, in a quinoa black bean salad, in peach crisp, grilled for dessert, and more, and today, with this Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches.
You'll find a complete list with amounts in the printable recipe card below. Here are a few notes to help make the best peach crostini.
- a baguette: gluten-free if necessary, or whole-grain or sourdough.
- olive oil: for brushing on the sliced baguette and for whipping the ricotta
- ricotta cheese: use whole milk ricotta for the creamiest whipped ricotta results.
- lemon zest: just a hint packs an important layer of flavour.
- fresh peaches: one or two fresh ripe, but slightly firm peaches
- sweetener: honey for drizzling on top.
- fresh thyme leaves: for garnish
- Brush baguette slices lightly with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 8 minutes, turning over halfway through until golden brown. They should be crispy on the outside but still a little tender in the interior.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and lemon zest.
- Spread the ricotta cheese mixture on the toasted baguette slices, top with a thin slice of fresh peach, a drizzle of honey and a few fresh thyme leaves. Enjoy!
🔁 Delicious Variations
- Make whipped lemon ricotta by adding a tablespoon or so of extra virgin olive oil to the ricotta cheese, then whip till light and fluffy.
- Sweeten the ricotta cheese with a tablespoon or two of honey, spread it on the baguette slices, then drizzle with balsamic glaze instead of honey.
- Substitute whipped goat cheese or even cream cheese for the ricotta cheese.
- Fresh basil leaves are delicious with this peach crostini recipe, too.
- No peaches? Substitute thinly sliced nectarines.
🍽 What to serve with peach crostini
These finger food peach appetizers make a delicious before-dinner snack. Serve them with a variety of other crostini or as part of a grazing board.
🕑 Make ahead
You can toast the crostini a day or two in advance and store them in a covered container.
You can also combine the ricotta cheese with the lemon zest and store this mixture in the fridge. Then all you'll have to do before serving is slice the peaches and assemble the crostini!
🗒 More crostini recipes
When you make these peach crostini, please leave a comment and a rating below. I love hearing when you've made one of my recipes. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
This recipe has stood the test of time! It was originally published in 2016. It has been updated with extra information to make it more helpful.
Peach Crostini with Lemon Ricotta Cheese and Honey
- ½ medium baguette, 12 slices, gluten-free if necessary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 large fresh peach or 2 medium peaches
- fresh thyme sprigs
- honey for drizzling
- Slice the baguette into ½ inch slices.
- Brush lightly with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake at 375°F. for 7 – 8 minutes, turning over halfway through until golden brown. The crostini should be slightly crispy on top but the inside should be tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and the lemon zest.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of the cheese mixture on each baguette slice, top with a peach slice, a drizzle of honey and a few fresh thyme leaves. Serve immediately.