This simple appetizer of Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches will surprise you. It's incredibly flavourful and so easy to whip up at the last minute!
This Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches is so simple, but it's insanely delicious! Smear some creamy lemon ricotta cheese on a thin slice of toasted baguette, top it with a slice of fresh, juicy peach, drizzle it all with honey and sprinkle with tiny thyme leaves. That's it!
Nothing complicated. Just fresh, clean ingredients in a tiny, two-bite appetizer.
Crostini appetizers are fun to make and the varieties are almost endless. They're simple to put together but you can easily avoid a few common mistakes. You may wish to check out my post on 5 Tips for Making Crostini.
We're lucky to have our own peach tree. We pick our peaches a few at a time as they become fully ripe. We thoroughly enjoy them in a host of different ways: in a smoothie bowl, in iced tea, in Sangria, in tiny Mason jars, as a glaze for chicken, for dessert and today, with this Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches.
How to Make Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches
- Brush baguettes slices lightly with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake at 375°F for 7 – 8 minutes, turning over halfway through until golden brown.
- Combine ricotta cheese and lemon zest.
- Spread the cheese on the crostini, top with a peach slice, a drizzle of honey and a few fresh thyme leaves and serve!
Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches
- ½ baguette, 12 slices, gluten-free if necessary
- olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 peach 1 large or 2 medium fresh, in 12 slices
- fresh thyme sprigs
- honey for drizzling
- Slice the baguette into ½ inch slices.
- Brush lightly with extra-virgin olive oil. Bake at 375°F for 7 – 8 minutes, turning over halfway through until golden brown. The crostini should be slightly crispy on top but the inside should be tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and the lemon zest.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of the cheese mixture on each baguette slice, top with a peach slice, a drizzle of honey and a few fresh thyme leaves. Serve immediately.