This deliciously moist gluten-free Strawberry Lemon Loaf is an easy-to-make quick bread. Made with almond flour and studded with fresh strawberries, this low-carb Keto lemon loaf is similar to a pound cake loaded with lemon flavour!
Lemon loaf is a classic and this Strawberry Lemon Loaf is my twist on a favourite quick bread. This Keto lemon bread is gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb and it tastes similar to a pound cake. It's loaded with lemon flavour and fresh sweet strawberries!
It's a moist bread with a tender crumb. Best of all, it has lemon flavour packed into it twice, both in the loaf and in the glaze.
I can't decide if it's best for a breakfast bite, morning coffee, or an afternoon snack! It would even make a light dessert when served with fresh berries.
Anytime of the day is a good time for a slice of this gluten-free Strawberry Lemon Loaf.
With fresh strawberries available, what could be better for spring than a lemon loaf with fresh strawberries?
While this is recipe is perfect for a low-carb ketogenic diet, it's easy to adapt by using your favourite sweetener.
So let's get started and make a loaf!
almond flour: finely ground, not almond meal
sweetener: I use Lacanto Monkfruit 0-calorie sweetener. If you're not on a keto diet, you can substitute coconut sugar (for Paleo diet) or any granulated sugar.
baking powder: gluten-free
salt: just a little
butter or coconut oil: melted. I prefer butter, but I've made this loaf with coconut oil successfully several times.
eggs: you'll need 3 large ones, at room temperature
milk: any plant-based milk, like almond milk or cashew milk
lemon: remember to zest the lemon before you squeeze it
strawberries: fresh. Be sure to dice them finely. If the pieces are too large, the slices may not hold together nicely.
glaze: combine lemon juice and powdered sweetener to make a glazed for the top of the loaf.
How to make gluten-free Strawberry Lemon Loaf
Here's a quick overview of what you'll to do to make this Keto Strawberry Lemon Loaf. Complete instructions are in the recipe card, below.
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and add the lemon zest and finely diced strawberries. Toss to coat.
Combine the wet ingredient in another bowl, then add them to the dry ingredients, stirring until no dry ingredients remain.
Spread the batter in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F. for 50 - 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Let the loaf cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Carefully transfer it to a cooling rack by lifting the overhanging pieces of parchment paper. Slide the parchment paper out from underneath the loaf and cool completely.
When completely cool, spread lemon glaze over the top of the loaf.
Slice and serve!
How to store
This sugar-free lemon loaf will stay fresh at room temperature for a day. After that, it's best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 - 5 days. For longer storage, wrap tightly (or wrap individual slices) and freeze for up to 3 months.
Amazingly delicious . . . and sugar-free! Enjoy.
Strawberry Lemon Loaf - Gluten-free, Keto
- 2.5 cups finely ground blanched almond flour, sifted, then measured
- 1/2 cup granulated 0-calorie sweetener, like Monkfruit. Use coconut sugar for Paleo diet
- 1.5 tsp baking powder, gluten-free
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup almond milk, or other nut milk, unsweetened
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup strawberries fresh, finely diced
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol sweetener like Swerve
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- lemon zest for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a length of parchment paper long enough to line the bottom of a loaf pan with extra hanging over the sides. The batter will stick to the pan if you don't line it, even if you oil the pan.
- You MUST sift the blanched, superfine almond flour. If you just scoop it from the bag, the almond flour will be packed, you may have more flour than needed, and the loaf will be dry and heavy. Sift, then use a spoon to lightly overfill a measuring cup, then level the top with a knife.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, Lacanto Monkfruit or other sweetener, baking powder and salt. Add the lemon zest, finely diced strawberries and gently stir to coat. Adding them to the dry ingredients helps to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf when baking.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil or butter, almond milk, eggs and lemon juice. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until completely blended.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 55 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Baking time will depend on the accuracy of your oven temperature and whether or not you use a metal or glass baking pan. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes, remove by lifting the overhanging pieces of parchment paper. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the loaf is completely cool, drizzle with lemon glaze, let it set in the refrigerator, then slice and enjoy. This loaf will stay fresh on the counter for a day or two, but it is best kept in the refrigerator for longer storage.
Love strawberries as much as I do? More strawberry ideas here!