Adults only! Add a gourmet touch to a favourite summer dessert. This Gran Marnier Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is a great dessert for a crowd.
Warm, bubbly fruit, a crunchy gluten-free topping and a hint of sweet oranges kick this popular rustic dessert up a notch. This Gran Marnier Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp makes a perfect end to a summer meal.
What's the difference between a crisp and a crumble?
Is it a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp or a Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble? What's the difference?
It really doesn't matter, because it's just so good, no one will care what you call it. Crisp and crumble are terms that are used interchangeably for this classic fruit dessert. The fruit bubbles, the oats crisp up as it cooks and the combination of the two is heavenly.
And a scoop of ice cream on top doesn't hurt, either.
Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Bourbon Sauce, Skillet Cranberry Apple Crisp, Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla, and Blueberry Limoncello Crisp are a few of my favourite crisp or crumble recipes. But today, it's all about strawberries and rhubarb!
How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- To make this crowd-pleasing dessert, combine diced rhubarb and sliced strawberries with sweetener, orange liqueur (like Gran Marnier, Contreau, or Triple Sec) and cornstarch.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 8-inch square (or 9-inch round) baking dish.
- Combine oats, oat flour, coconut sugar (or brown sugar) and flaked almonds with butter until crumbly, then sprinkle on top of the fruit.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet in case the fruit bubbles over.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the topping has browned and the juices are bubbling up around the edges.
That's it! Easy. Nutritious. Delicious!
Keep this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp dairy-free and vegan
Substitute coconut oil for butter. Serve with dairy-free frozen topping, (although it really doesn't need anything. It's delicious without!)
Serving a large group? Double the recipe, bake in a 9 x 13" pan for 45 to 55 minutes.
Looking for more ways to enjoy rhubarb? Here are 10 Ways to Use Rhubarb Besides Pie!
Try my other fruit crisp recipes, too!
- Pineapple Rhubarb Crisp with Ginger
- Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Bourbon Sauce
- Blueberry Limoncello Crisp
- Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla
- Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp with Crunchy Pecan Crumble
- Skillet Cranberry Apple Crisp
Gran Marnier Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 4 cups rhubarb diced
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and halved, if large
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest finely grated
- 2 tbsp cornstarch heaped if you like a thicker sauce
- ¼ cup orange liqueur like Gran Marnier, Contreau or Triple Sec
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 cups large flake rolled oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ⅔ cup butter or coconut oil melted
- Combine diced rhubarb and strawberries with sugar, cornstarch, orange zest and orange liqueur. Spread in a greased 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly on top of the fruit. Place baking dish on a baking sheet in case the fruit bubbles over. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until top has browned and fruit is bubbling up around the edges.
- Serve as is, or with ice cream or whipped cream.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The third party pays the commission, not you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.