Transform your family-favourite Peach Crisp recipe into a spectacular dessert with this gluten-free Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla. Topped with an oatmeal crumble, this is a favourite adult dessert!
Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla is not your every day Peach Crisp. Yes, it has all the elements of a great family-style peach crisp: warm sweet fruit and a crispy oat topping, but this one has more class! Flavoured with Bourbon and vanilla, this gluten-free peach crisp is one for your next adult dinner party.
I love peaches, and I make this Mason Jar Peach Crisp recipe regularly. As soon as I posted 6 Favourite Fresh Peach Recipes, I wished I had waited. This one, with Bourbon and vanilla, would be at the top of the list.
It’s worth making, not only because it’s delicious, but for the way it will make your kitchen smell. Warm, vanilla-scented peaches spiked with a hint of Bourbon make this a dessert to write home about.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for Gluten-Free Bourbon Peach Crisp
For the filling:
- peaches: fresh, about 6 cups
- cornstarch: or tapioca starch to thicken the fruit mixture
- honey: or maple syrup
- Bourbon: just 3 tablespoons
- vanilla extract: pure
- lemon juice: adds flavour and stops the peaches from turning brown
For the crumble topping
- rolled oats: use certified gluten-free oats if necessary.
- oat flour: grind rolled oats in your blender to make oat flour
- coconut sugar: or brown sugar
- melted butter
- salt: just a pinch, but don’t leave it out!
- optional: sliced almonds or chopped pecans
Tips for Making Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla
- Double the topping recipe, label it and freeze it for another day, so you can make a dessert in no time flat.
- Add sliced almonds or chopped pecans or other nuts if you like, or leave them out!
- Do try to serve it warm. It’s heavenly.
- Ice cream or whipped cream on top is delicious, but not necessary. This Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla can stand alone!
Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla
- 6 cups peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 heaped tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel peaches, remove the stone and slice.
- In a large bowl, toss with tapioca starch, honey, Bourbon, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Combine the crumble topping ingredients in a food processor, pulsing to mix evenly.
- Fill a 9.5 or 10-inch deep glass pie plate with the peach mixture, then add the topping to cover the peaches.
- Bake for 28 - 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and crisp topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve warm, plain or with ice cream.
Try these other fruit crisp recipes, too!
- Gran Marnier Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Bourbon Sauce
- Blueberry Limoncello Crisp
- Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp with Crunchy Pecan Crumble
- Skillet Cranberry Apple Crisp
Love peaches? You might like these, too.
- Gluten-free Mason Jar Peach Crisp
- Peach Ginger Iced Tea
- Lemon Ricotta Crostini with Honeyed Peaches
- Caramelized Peaches and Figs
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.