Transform your family-favourite Peach Crisp recipe into a spectacular dessert with this gluten-free Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla.
Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla is not your every day Peach Crisp. Yes, it has all the elements of a great family-style peach crisp: warm sweet fruit and a crispy topping, but this one has more class! Flavoured with bourbon and vanilla, this gluten-free peach crisp is one for your next adult dinner party.
I love peaches, and I make this Mason Jar Peach Crisp recipe regularly. I recently posted 6 Favourite Fresh Peach Recipes and now I wish I had waited. This one, with bourbon and vanilla, would be at the top of the list.
It’s worth making, not only because it’s delicious, but for the way it will make your kitchen smell. Warm, vanilla-scented peaches spiked with a hint of bourbon make this a dessert to write home about.
Use regular rolled oats, or gluten-free oats if necessary, to make the crisp topping. I often double the topping recipe, label it and freeze it for another day, so I can make a dessert in no time flat. Add sliced almonds or chopped pecans or other nuts if you like, or leave them out! But do try to serve it warm. Heavenly.
Ice cream or whipped cream on top would be lovely, but not necessary. This Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla can stand alone!
Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla
- 6 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 heaped tablespoons cornstarch, or tapioca starch
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup oat flour (grind rolled oats use gluten-free oats if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel peaches, remove the stone and slice.
- In a large bowl, toss with tapioca starch, honey, bourbon, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Combine the crisp topping ingredients in a food processor, pulsing to mix evenly.
- Fill a 9.5 or 10-inch deep glass pie plate with the peach mixture, then add the topping.
- Bake for 28 - 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and crisp topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.
Kitchen Items I used to make this Peach Crisp with Bourbon and Vanilla
- Gran Marnier Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Bourbon Sauce
- Blueberry Limoncello Crisp
- Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp with Crunchy Pecan Crumble
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.