Need a last-minute after-dinner treat or a kitchen gift? This rich Cherry Almond Chocolate Bark might save your bacon!
With only 3 ingredients and less than half an hour, you can whip up this showstopper cherry almond chocolate bark in your kitchen. In our home, it’s always a welcome healthy sweet treat. Dark chocolate, sweet dried cherries and crunchy toasted almonds become best friends in this easy chocolate bark.
No dried cherries on hand? No worries. Try different combinations, like dried cranberries with pecans or walnuts or try this Chocolate Orange Almond Bark or this Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds.
While we’ve happily discovered that Costco in Maui stocks chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds just like our Costco at home, somehow it just doesn’t compare to the homemade version. Nor do those chocolate covered macadamia nuts that seem to be on shelves everywhere here! Avoid the store-bought chocolates made with soy lecithin and go for the homemade treats instead. Melt some chocolate, add your favourite nuts and dried fruit and make a (somewhat) healthy sweet treat for your friends or family.
This Cherry Almond Chocolate Bark has only 3-ingredients. It's easy to prepare and it makes a welcome hostess gift or after-dinner healthy sweet treat.
- 1 pound quality dark chocolate, at least 60%--I used Bernard Callebaut
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 3/4 of the chocolate over, not in, simmering water. Once melted, add the remaining 1/4 and stir until melted.
Add the almonds and dried cherries and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread the mixture on the parchment paper-lined sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Break into pieces and wrap for gifts or serve.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.