Need a last-minute after-dinner treat or a kitchen gift? This rich Cherry Almond Chocolate Bark might save your bacon!
With only 3 ingredients and less than half an hour, you can whip up this showstopper cherry almond chocolate bark in your kitchen. In our home, it’s always a welcome after-dinner treat. Dark chocolate, sweet dried cherries and crunchy toasted almonds become best friends in this easy chocolate treat.
No dried cherries on hand? No worries. Try different combinations, like dried cranberries with pecans or walnuts or try this Chocolate Orange Almond Bark or this Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds.
While we’ve happily discovered that Costco in Maui stocks chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds just like our Costco at home, somehow it just doesn’t compare to the homemade version. Nor do those chocolate covered macadamia nuts that seem to be on shelves everywhere here! Avoid the store-bought chocolates made with soy lecithin and go for the homemade treats instead. Melt some chocolate, add your favourite nuts and fruit and make a (somewhat) healthy treat for your friends or family.
- 1 pound quality dark chocolate, at least 60%--I used Bernard Callebaut
- 1/2 cup toasted, coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 3/4 of the chocolate over, not in, simmering water. Once melted, add the remaining 1/4 and stir until melted.
- Add the almonds and dried cherries and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread the mixture on the parchment paper-lined sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Break into pieces and wrap for gifts or serve.