This salted dark chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds tastes even better than it looks. And it’s good for you.
This Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds is a quick and easy cure for a chocolate craving!
We’ve been told about the benefits of dark chocolate in our diet for years. Even Scientific American is expounding its virtues. And pumpkin seeds? They’re a powerhouse of protein and heart-healthy mono-and polyunsaturated fats. Let’s not even discuss their other benefits like the fact they contain iron, phosphorus, magnesium and about 20% of your daily need for zinc in a 1 oz. serving. Now that’s a healthy snack.
Does that mean we can chow down with wild abandon on this sensational chocolate ? No–this is a high-calorie snack. But a couple of small chunks of this after a meal will satisfy even the strongest sweet or chocolate craving.
This Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds is so easy!
This chocolate bark is very easy to make (and if you chill it in the freezer, it will be ready in no time flat).
Use a high quality DARK chocolate (at least 70% cacao, and preferably higher), and seek out a Fair Trade product sold where you live. Use a double boiler (or a glass or metal bowl set over boiling water) to melt it carefully.
Toast the pumpkin seeds by heating them in a dry skillet over medium heat for a few minutes, just until they are beginning to brown. They will continue to roast after you remove them from the heat. Toasting brings out their delicious flavour.
Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and a flaky sea salt like Fleur de Sel, and leave it to set.
Break it into pieces, wrap attractively and Bingo! It’s ready for gift-giving. Or just for you after the kids are in bed.
Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds
- 8 oz dark chocolate, (225 gm), 70% or higher
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds,, (shelled) toasted
- sprinkling of Fleur de Sel or other flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast shelled pumpkin seeds by placing in a dry skillet over medium heat. Shake pan and remove from heat once the seeds begin to brown slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate over boiling water.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, pressing gently into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel or other flaky sea salt.
- Set aside to cool, or place in refrigerator to set.
- Store either in refrigerator or in a cool place.
Try these other chocolate bark recipes too:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chocolate lover? You may also like these:
Chocolate Cherry Bliss Balls