This salted dark chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds tastes even better than it looks. It's a healthy snack made with high-quality dark chocolate. An easy recipe for pumpkin seed chocolate bark with only three ingredients, ready in ten minutes!
Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with pumpkin seeds makes a quick and easy cure for a chocolate craving!
We've been told about the benefits of dark chocolate in our diet for years. Even Scientific American is expounding its virtues.
And pumpkin seeds? They're a powerhouse of protein and heart-healthy mono-and polyunsaturated fats. Let's not even discuss their other benefits like the fact they contain iron, phosphorus, magnesium and about 20% of your daily need for zinc in a 1 oz. serving. Now that's a healthy snack.
Does that mean we can chow down with wild abandon on this sensational chocolate? No--this is a high-calorie snack. But a couple of small chunks of pumpkin seed chocolate bark after a meal will satisfy even the strongest sweet or chocolate craving.
- 8 oz dark chocolate (225 gm), 70% or higher
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds, (shelled) and toasted
- a sprinkling of Fleur de Sel or other flaky sea salt
- This chocolate bark with pumpkin seeds is very easy to make (and if you chill it in the freezer, it will be ready in no time flat).
- Use a high quality DARK chocolate (at least 70% cacao, and preferably higher), and seek out a Fair Trade product sold where you live. Use a double boiler (or a glass or metal bowl set over boiling water) to melt it carefully.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds by heating them in a dry skillet over medium heat for a few minutes, just until they are beginning to brown. They will continue to roast after you remove them from the heat. Toasting brings out their delicious flavour.
- Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and flaky sea salt like Fleur de Sel, and leave it to set.
- Break it into pieces, wrap attractively and Boom! It's ready for gift-giving. (Or just for you after the kids are in bed.)
Store chocolate bark in the refrigerator. It will last for up to a month.
Salted Dark Chocolate Bark with Pumpkin Seeds
- 8 oz dark chocolate, (225 gm), 70% or higher
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds, (shelled) toasted
- sprinkling of Fleur de Sel or other flaky sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast shelled raw pumpkin seeds by placing in a dry skillet over medium heat. Shake pan and remove from heat once the seeds begin to brown slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate over boiling water.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, pressing gently into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel or other flaky sea salt.
- Set aside to cool, or place in refrigerator to set.
- Store either in refrigerator or in a cool place.