These festive sugared cranberries have so many uses! Decorate a cheesecake, top an appetizer, or add to a fruit punch or a cocktail!
I make these sweet little pop-in-your-mouth Sparkly Sugared Cranberries once a year at holiday time. Sweet red berries nestled on top of a slice of rich and creamy brie made a gorgeous festive appetizer, but I also love them straight from the bowl! They’re like little Christmas lights, adding glitz and glamour to your festive dishes.
Add glamour to desserts and drinks with Sparkly Sugared Cranberries!
Use them to add a little dazzle to the top of a Cranberry Cheesecake, add them to Sangria or, with the addition of a tiny splash of cranberry juice, add a little colour and flavour to a plain old Gin ‘n Tonic.
These sugared cranberries will surprise you!
You’d think that having been drenched in maple syrup they would turn soft and mushy, but no! They keep their pop, but lose their tartness. Versatility plus! Garnish your appies, desserts, or simply serve these sugary bites as candy, or as snacking food straight from the bowl!
Showstopper Sparkly Sugared Cranberries in Maple Syrup
- 2 cups fresh or thawed cranberries
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar,
- Rinse cranberries and sort to discard any that may be discoloured. Put in a medium bowl.
- Heat maple syrup in a small saucepan just until warm. If it is too hot, the berries may pop.
- Pour over the cranberries and gently toss. Let them soak overnight in the fridge.
- Drain in a colander and reserve the liquid to sweeten a cocktail or for another use.
- Put the sugar in a small bowl, and gently toss the cranberries, a few at a time, until coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet until dry, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe was inspired by Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites on Yummy Mummy Kitchen
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.