These sesame ginger green beans are tender crisp and a little spicy. A quick low-carb keto, vegan and paleo side dish, flavoured with garlic, ginger and jalapeño.
These Keto Sesame Ginger Green Beans are a game-changer! If you need new green bean ideas, look no further! These spicy Chinese green beans are delicious.
We love fresh green beans and usually just eat them lightly steamed. But sometimes we like to fancy them up a bit and these Sesame Ginger Green Beans were the result today.
They’re tender, crisp and lightly seasoned with sesame, garlic, ginger and jalapeño for an extra little kick. No boring green beans here!
I am overloaded with green beans. Yesterday I picked more than 450 beans from one short six-foot row in my garden and I did the same two days before that, and again two days before that. I keep hoping that the plants will stop producing, but today there are more waiting to be picked. Thankfully, I found homes for the surplus with family, neighbours and friends.
Try a new green bean idea!
- Simply blanch the beans first by plunging in boiling water and then into an ice bath.
- Heat a wok or large skillet, then add sesame oil. Quickly stir fry the shallot, garlic, ginger and jalapeño for 30 seconds. Add the beans and toss. Cook for 2 minutes, then add coconut aminos or soy sauce and stir until well coated. Cook for a further 2 minutes or just until beans are crisp tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
How to Blanch Beans
Put the trimmed beans in a pot of boiling water and cook just until they turn bright green and are crisp-tender, no more than 5 minutes.
Have a large bowl of ice water ready. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beans from the boiling water and immediately plunge them into the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
Let them chill, then drain and pat dry before adding them to the wok or skillet with the other ingredients.
I hope you like these spicy sesame ginger green beans as much as we do. They’re keto-friendly, too!
Sesame Ginger Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, finely minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos , (for paleo diet) or soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Wash beans and trim stem end.
- Blanch the beans: plunge into a large pot of boiling water just until the beans turn bright green, then immediately plunge into a large bowl of ice water. Drain in a colander.
- Heat a wok or large skillet, then add the sesame oil. Quickly stir fry the shallot, garlic, ginger and jalapeño for 30 seconds. Add the beans and toss. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the coconut aminos or soy sauce and stir until well coated. Cook for a further 2 minutes or just until beans are crisp tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
More Green Bean Ideas!
- Quick Refrigerator Pickled Beans
- Green Bean Blue Cheese Salad with Tomatoes
- Dijon Green Beans with Crispy Potato Chips
If you make one of these recipes, share a photo on Instagram and tag it #flavour and savour. I love seeing what you make!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.