These Parmesan Pecan Green Beans are ideal for a holiday dinner. Cooked on the stove-top, you can prepare part of this easy recipe ahead of time. Keto-friendly.
I have upcoming holiday dinners on my mind. These green beans with toasted pecans and Parmesan cheese would be a perfect side dish. A bowl of green beans is a classic side, but this recipe adds a new flavour profile.
Crunchy pecans, salty Parmesan cheese and bright notes of lemon zest will make this keto green bean recipe a memorable dish at a dinner party.
Even more importantly for those of you who love to be organized: you can make part of this recipe well in advance!
Ready to make a shopping list? Here's your short list.
Ingredients for Parmesan Pecan Green Beans
- green beans: look for the freshest you can find. Beans should snap when you break them in two and should be bright green.
- pecans: for that crunchy texture and buttery flavour
- Parmesan cheese: freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano has the most flavour.
- garlic: a couple of cloves
- lemon zest: adds bright flavour to the dish
- dried red pepper flakes: to add a tiny bit of heat
How to prepare this Keto Green Bean Recipe
- This is a good recipe for a holiday dinner, as you can prepare part of it in advance.
- First, blanch the beans in boiling water until crisp tender, drain, and cool in an ice bath. At this point, you can pat them dry and refrigerate until you need them.
- Otherwise, heat oil in a skillet, sauté a couple of cloves of minced garlic, then add the beans and stir. Next, add the chopped pecans, Parmesan cheese and chili flakes.
- When warmed through, transfer to a serving dish and garnish with lemon zest before serving.
Skillet Parmesan Pecan Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans stems trimmed
- ⅓ cup pecans chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Wash the beans in cool water and drain in a colander. Snap off the stem end and either leave whole or cut into desired lengths.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. While the water is heating, set up a large bowl of ice water. Add the beans to the boiling water and blanch for 4 - 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from the water and transfer to the ice bath. Let sit in the ice water for 4-5 minutes or until completely cool. Remove and drain in the colander. Alternatively, you can steam the beans just until crisp tender then transfer to the ice bath, cool and drain.
- Pat dry and chill in the refrigerator if not using right away.
- Otherwise, heat oil in a skillet, sauté the minced garlic lightly, add the beans and stir. Add the pecans, Parmesan cheese and chili flakes. When warmed through, transfer to a serving dish and garnish with lemon zest. Serve right away.
Looking for more green bean recipes? Try these:
- Sesame Ginger Green Beans
- Vegetarian Green Bean Bundles with Garlic Butter
- Green Bean Blue Cheese Salad with Tomatoes
- 5 Delicious Low-Carb Green Bean Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.