Celebrate longer days, sunshine and warmer temperatures with this salad of tropical fruit with honey mint lime syrup. Perfect for a deck party or backyard barbecue, or even for a middle-of-the-winter breakfast!
This vibrant salad struts its stuff with the gorgeous colours and textures of fresh fruit. Tropical fruit with honey mint lime syrup, garnished with fresh mint sprigs makes a rainbow of fabulous flavours. I decided to take advantage of the beginning of strawberry season and combined these gems with other tropical fruits that are available now.
I filled a bowl with strawberries, pineapple, oranges, cantaloupe and grapes and tossed it all with a simple syrup made of honey, fresh mint, and lime juice. I waited until just before serving time to add some thawed blueberries to avoid having blue-stained pineapple. A few fresh mint sprigs from the garden finished off this simple, healthy dessert that also accompanied our breakfast the following morning.
I looked back on the blog to see what I had made a year ago and discovered that we were devouring this Southwestern Fruit Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing. Today's salad is similar, but without the prawns or the tequila, it's destined for dessert. Perfect for potlucks, backyard barbecues or your next deck party, it's a gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free dessert that aims to please everyone--kids and adults alike!
Tropical Fruit with Honey Mint Lime Syrup
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups cantaloupe, halved, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 or 2 oranges, peeled, seeded and sectioned
- ½ cup blueberries
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Whisk lime juice, honey and chopped mint in a small jar.
- Prepare fruit and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss with honey, lime, mint syrup. Let stand for 15 minutes to allow flavours to blend. Chill in refrigerator until serving time. Add blueberries just before serving.
Recipe adapted from epicurious.com