Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce, cooked to crispy perfection in an air fryer and then drizzled with bright, spicy chimichurri sauce make a popular side dish. Serve these roast potatoes at any time of year, a summer cookout or a cozy winter dinner!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and easy in your air fryer, with a minimum amount of oil and easy clean-up.
- Perfectly roasted potatoes: crisp on the outside and soft and creamy inside.
- Lots of fresh herbaceous flavour from fresh chimichurri sauce.
🛒 Ingredients for Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
potatoes: Wondering what are the best potatoes for roasting? You have lots of choices. Many potato varieties make great roast potatoes.
- Yellow potatoes and Yukon Gold are both good candidates for crispy potatoes.
- They have a lower starch and higher sugar content than Russets, so they will develop a deep golden colour. Both creamy types have lots of flavour.
- Russet potatoes also become crispy when roasted. They have a fluffier texture with a mild colour.
- Red potatoes have a waxy texture that stays firm throughout cooking. They have an appealing red colour when roasted.
olive oil: extra virgin
Chimichurri sauce made with fresh herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro), shallots, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and a little ground coriander and sea salt.
Here's an overview of what you'll do to make this recipe perfectly. You'll find complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Cut potatoes into pieces of uniform size so they all roast at the same rate.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in an air fryer, turning once halfway through cooking time.
- While the potatoes are roasting, make the chimichurri sauce by following the easy step-by-step instructions in How to Make Chimichurri Sauce.
- Transfer the roasted potatoes to a serving bowl, toss with fresh chimichurri sauce and serve hot.
🔁 Possible Variations
No chimichurri sauce on hand? Toss with this 5-Minute Basil Cashew Pesto instead! Pesto potatoes are also absolutely delicious!
No air fryer? No problem! Roast in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet in the oven at 400°F. for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking time.
👍🏼 Helpful Tips
Cut the potatoes into uniform sizes. In this way, you'll avoid having some overcooked and some undercooked.
Dry your potatoes first. After washing, drying and slicing the potatoes, pat them dry with a clean towel or a paper towel. You'll get the best crispy results with dry potatoes. Excess water leads to soggy spuds!
There's no need to peel the potatoes if you're using those with thin skins, like Yukon Gold. You may want to peel older Russet potatoes.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
These roasted potatoes with chimichurri sauce are an ideal side dish for almost any grilled meats or meat alternatives.
They're great with burgers, with Easy Baked Lemon Chicken, or other favourite chicken recipes and with salmon.
⏰ Storage Instructions
To store: Refrigerate leftover potatoes in a covered container separately from the chimichurri sauce.
To reheat: Heat in the air fryer for just a few minutes at 375°F. to heat through and get them crispy again.
Don't miss these other air fryer side dishes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash with Feta and Sage
- Sesame Miso Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots with Feta and Pistachios
🗒 More air fryer recipes
When you make this air fryer roasted potatoes recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I love hearing from you! Thanks in advance. Subscribe to my newsletter and receive new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes with Chimichurri
- 1 pound potatoes, yellow or Yukon Gold work well
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup Chimichurri sauce
- Wash and dry potatoes and cut into uniform sized pieces so they cook at the same rate.
- Pat the cut sides dry to ensure crispy edges.
- In a medium bowl, toss with olive oil until well-coated and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. for 3 minutes.
- Use an oil mister to spray the inside of your air fryer basket with oil, then arrange the potatoes in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook in batches.
- Cook for 7 - 8 minutes, then remove the basket and either shake or use tongs to flip the potatoes over.
- Continue cooking for another 4 - 5 minutes or until potatoes are crisp, browned and fork-tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl (keep warm if you are cooking a second batch) then drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve hot.
These are fantastic! Thanks for a great recipe. I will make it again for sure!
Thanks so much for letting me know!