This Balsamic Bocconcini Cherry Tomato Salad with Marinated Artichokes and Arugula packs a punch of flavour. Peppery arugula, balsamic bocconcini balls, marinated artichokes and fresh cherry tomatoes combine to make a salad you'll want to eat every day!
Looking for an Italian salad recipe? Look no further! This one has all the flavours of Italy!
Last month, I learned to love balsamic vinegar all over again. I've experimented with other vinegars, like apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, and champagne vinegar, but in some recipes like this Greek Chicken Watermelon Feta Bowl and now this Bocconcini Cherry Tomato Salad, balsamic vinegar is a must.
We spent some time in the Emilio-Romagna region of Italy during our last trip, home not only of Parma ham and Parmesan cheese, but also of authentic balsamic vinegar.
We toured a factory where traditional Parmigiano Reggiano is made and wandered through markets showcasing products made in this rich agricultural area.
This region of Italy, just north of Tuscany, is a paradise for foodies. We had a fabulous time trying out traditional foods and locally- produced wines. Modena is the home of the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, a dark vinegar with a more-sweet-than-sour taste. It was the inspiration for this Italian Salad.
Next time you're shopping for balsamic vinegar, check the label.
If it includes the words "de Modena" you'll know it originated in this region and followed legally binding traditional procedures when it was made. (It's the good stuff!)
If we can't be there, we can at least enjoy the incredible flavours and products of this area of Italy!
This Delicious Italian Salad packs a punch of flavour!
- This Balsamic Bocconcini Cherry Tomato Salad has all those intense authentic Italian flavours and is an easy one to assemble.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together and let the mini Bocconcini balls marinate for a few hours or even overnight.
- Then just mix the greens, drained marinated artichokes, cherry tomatoes and some green onion together in a large bowl.
- Add the Bocconcini balls just before serving.
- Drizzle the salad with a little of the leftover marinade.
Balsamic Bocconcini Cherry Tomato Salad
Marinade for Bocconcini Cheese Balls
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar de Modena
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 24 Bocconcini cheese balls
- 4 cups fresh arugula leaves
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, (170 ml)
- 1 - 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Add Bocconcini balls and let stand in refrigerator for 2 - 3 hours (or even overnight).
- Combine remaining ingredients in shallow platter.
- Just before serving, add drained Bocconcini balls. Drizzle the salad with a little of the marinade and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.