This Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl features succulent lemon-herb flavoured chicken breasts with sweet watermelon, feta cheese, cucumbers and Kalamata olives on a bed of arugula, drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
❤️ Why this recipe works
Looking for an easy summertime supper? This skinny Greek chicken bowl may be just what you're seeking. It uses simple, everyday ingredients and can be on the table in about 30 minutes!
Watermelon for dinner? Definitely! This Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl makes a complete meal, all in one bowl.
We love eating a healthy whole-meal salad for dinner at any time of year. Chicken and shrimp salads are our favourite.
And when they include refreshing watermelon, like this Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl or this Chicken Avocado Watermelon Salad with Mint Lime Dressing, they're a meal to remember! Here's a perfect summertime salad to kick off a season of eating outdoors!
This Greek Chicken salad is succulent, sweet and salty. With a perfect balance of flavours and textures, this has been a popular recipe with my readers.
Here are a few short notes about some of the ingredients. You'll find a complete list in the recipe card below.
- watermelon cubes: naturally sweet and refreshing
- crumbled feta: for that sweet 'n salty contrast
- cucumber: provides the necessary crunch!
- olives: Kalamata olives provide beautiful colour and flavour.
- cooked sliced chicken: you'll marinate the chicken in a simple Greek-inspired marinade
🔪 How to make this Greek Chicken Bowl
Marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts greatly improves their flavour. This chicken salad recipe uses a simple Greek marinade made with lemon, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs to flavour the chicken.
You can either bake or grill boneless chicken breasts. While they're cooking, arrange a bed of fresh arugula and other greens, then add sliced cucumbers, cubed watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, and pitted Kalamata olives.
Arrange sliced cooked chicken on top. Drizzle it all with balsamic vinaigrette, then happily eat off your lap in the sunshine!
Ready to eat in about half an hour!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment and a rating below. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you! Pin it and follow me on Pinterest for more tasty ideas. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and never miss a recipe!
Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl with Watermelon and Feta
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp each chopped fresh oregano, thyme and rosemary (or tsp each dried herbs)
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula or mixture of romaine and arugula
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup cucumber sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar good quality
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk Balsamic Vinaigrette ingredients together or shake in a small jar or combine in a small food processor. Set aside to allow flavours to blend.
- Put chicken breasts in a glass bowl. Whisk marinade ingredients together (olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper) and pour over chicken. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove chicken from marinade. Bake (or grill chicken) for 20 - 25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Arrange greens in bowls. Top with watermelon cubes, crumbled feta, cucumber, olives and cooked sliced chicken. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette or serve on the side.