This Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl features succulent lemon-herb flavoured chicken breasts with sweet watermelon, feta cheese, cucumbers and Kalamata olives on a bed of arugula, drizzled with a balsamic reduction.
Watermelon for dinner? Definitely! This Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl makes a complete meal, all in one bowl.
We love eating a healthy whole-meal salad for dinner at any time of year. Chicken and shrimp salads are our favourite. And when they include refreshing watermelon, like this Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl or this Chicken Avocado Watermelon Salad with Mint Lime Dressing, they're a meal to remember! Here's a perfect summertime salad to kick of a season of eating outdoors!
This Greek Chicken salad is succulent, sweet and salty. With a perfect balance of flavours and textures, this has been a popular recipe on the blog. I've updated it with new photos and tweaked the recipe slightly by adding one of my favourite vinaigrettes.
How to make this Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl
Marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts greatly improves their flavour. This recipe uses a simple Greek marinade made with lemon, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs to flavour the chicken.
You can either bake or grill boneless chicken breasts. While they're cooking, arrange a bed of fresh arugula and other greens, then add sliced cucumbers, cubed watermelon, crumbled feta cheese, and pitted Kalamata olives. Arrange sliced cooked chicken on top. Drizzle it all with balsamic vinaigrette, then happily eat off your lap in the sunshine!
Ready to eat in about half an hour!
Thanks for joining me around our table. I love having you here!
Skinny Greek Chicken Bowl with Watermelon and Feta
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp each chopped fresh oregano, thyme and rosemary (or tsp each dried herbs)
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula or mixture of romaine and arugula
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup cucumber sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar good quality
- ¼ tsp honey
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp shallot finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk Balsamic Vinaigrette ingredients together or shake in a small jar or combine in a small food processor. Set aside to allow flavours to blend.
- Put chicken breasts in a glass bowl. Whisk marinade ingredients together (olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper) and pour over chicken. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Remove chicken from marinade. Bake (or grill chicken) for 20 - 25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Arrange greens in bowls. Top with watermelon cubes, crumbled feta, cucumber, olives and cooked sliced chicken. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette or serve on the side.
Love Mediterranean flavours?
So do I. You might also like these Greek-inspired recipes:
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.