This Sesame Miso Dressing and Marinade is a full-flavoured vinaigrette made with sesame oil, rice vinegar, white miso and honey. It’s great on grilled meats and vegetables, too.
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
When I was creating my Asparagus Salad with Smoked Salmon recipe I knew the Sesame Miso Vinaigrette I made for it was going to become a favourite. In fact, I liked it so much I decided it deserved a post of its own. It’s a full-flavoured dressing that will enhance any salad. Mellow sesame, salty miso and sweet honey combine with rice vinegar to make a perfectly balanced vinaigrette.
But this dressing is much more than a topping for salads. I’ve used it as a marinade too. It makes grilled mushrooms something to write home about. Drizzle it on roasted sweet potatoes, grilled asparagus, or zucchini noodles. Can you tell I’m obsessed?
This Sesame Miso Vinaigrette and Marinade is a 5-minute wonder.
- Toss some sesame seeds in a small skillet and toast just until they start to brown.
- Whisk the miso, sesame oil, rice vinegar, olive oil, honey and sea salt
- Add the toasted seeds and make an everyday salad something to remember!
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil or regular sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or rice syrup, if vegan
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning. When they just begin to darken and become fragrant, remove from heat immediately and transfer to a small plate to cool.
- In a small jar, whisk the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds and serve with your favourite salad or vegetable dish.