This Cherry Vanilla Grain-Free Granola has incredible flavour and crunch. It makes a healthy breakfast with yogurt or milk and is a great mid-day snack mix. Healthy, crunchy, vegan, and paleo grain-free granola with fresh sweet berries is a great way to start your day!
I have other granola recipes on this site because I make it all the time, but this Cherry Vanilla Grain-Free Granola is particularly yummy. No oats, no grains: just nuts, seeds, hemp hearts, coconut and dried cherries. It's flavoured naturally with vanilla and cinnamon and sweetened with maple syrup.
Now that the holiday weekend is over, it's back to healthy and homemade for me. With a big container full of strawberries left over from making these Chocolate Quinoa Mini Bundt Cakes for Easter dinner, I decided to dress up our breakfast and I topped a bowl of this grain-free granola with them.
Healthy, crunchy, vegan, and paleo grain-free granola with fresh sweet berries was a great way to start a new week.
Did you enjoy your long weekend? Did you eat too much? With so much great food around it was hard not to.
We had two Easter dinners! I'm so lucky that both my brothers and their wives live close by so that we can get together frequently. We had lots of laughs about things we did when we were kids. We were so much wilder than our own kids ever were . . . as far as we know, that is!
Sunday was a family dinner at our house. I opted to barbecue some chickens on the rotisserie since we're not fans of ham that is traditionally served at Easter. I served it with my favourite Strawberry Mango Arugula Salad, Crispy Lemon Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Carrots with Honey-Mustard Glaze, and some grilled fresh asparagus with feta.
We finished off the meal with these Chocolate Quinoa Mini Bundt Cakes with Strawberries.
But back to this grain-free granola recipe!
A detailed list of ingredients for this Cherry Vanilla Grain-Free Granola is in the recipe card below.
- nuts and seeds: 6 cups total. Any combination you like will be delicious. I suggest almond, cashews, walnuts, pecans, coconut, and sunflower seeds.
- hemp hearts: 1 cup. These add a boost of protein, magnesium, and omega-6 fatty acids.
- dried cherries: 1 cup
- maple syrup or honey: as natural sweeteners
- coconut oil
- pure vanilla extract
Here's an overview of how to make this grain-free granola. Complete instructions are in the recipe card below.
- This recipe for Cherry Vanilla Grain-Free Granola takes no time at all especially if you use a food processor.
- Use it to chop the nuts, then transfer to a bowl and add the coconut, seeds, and hemp hearts.
- Stir in some coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast it in a slow oven, turning at 20-minute intervals until lightly browned. Your kitchen will smell heavenly!
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before storing. Any airtight container will work well. Your granola will stay fresh for a few weeks.
- This recipe will make about 7 cups of granola.
How to store granola
Granola will stay fresh and crunchy for a few weeks when you store it in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Enjoy! This Cherry Vanilla Grain-Free Granola tastes great with any plant-based milk or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Layer it in a glass dish with yogurt and fruit to make a yogurt parfait.
And if you love that cherry-vanilla flavour combination, you'll love this Cherry Vanilla Baked Oatmeal with Chia and Hemp, too.
Cherry Vanilla Grain-Free Granola
- Heat oven to 275°F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop nuts coarsely, either with a knife or in a food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cherries.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning at 20 minute intervals or until lightly browned.
- Cool and add cherries. Serve with your choice of milk or yogurt or eat as a snack mix.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.