Start your fall and winter mornings with homemade Maple Nut Pumpkin Spice Granola. Add chia seeds and hemp hearts for an added protein boost! This gluten-free granola is made with old-fashioned rolled oats, pecans, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin spice mix gives it warm fall flavours!
You're going to want to make this Maple Nut Pumpkin Spice Granola on repeat!
It's just that good.
More importantly, it's a snap to make. Combine oil with sweetener, mix rolled oats, nuts, and spices, spread on a baking sheet and bake. That's it.
This homemade gluten-free granola recipe has just the right amount of crispy crunch and it's lightly naturally sweetened with maple syrup and/or honey. Moreover, it has those warm fall pumpkin spices that make any recipe delicious!
Read on for my easy instructions to make your own pumpkin spice mix.
Pumpkin granola makes a quick, healthy protein-rich breakfast. Drown it in almond milk or your favourite plant-based milk. Add it to yogurt with fresh berries, sliced fruit, or pomegranate arils.
It's also delicious as a topping for yogurt parfaits with fresh berries. Use it to make granola bars or other healthy squares, too. Or serve it with this fabulous Broiled Grapefruit with Maple Syrup!
Once you have a batch, you'll find so many different ways to use it!
Here's what you'll need to make a batch of Maple Pecan Pumpkin Spice Granola:
- rolled oats: gluten-free, if necessary. Sometimes rolled oats are called old-fashioned oats.
- nuts and seeds: 1 cup each of pecans and walnuts, ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- coconut: totally optional. I love it in granola.
- chia seeds and hemp hearts: for added protein, antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
- coconut oil: or olive oil. Granola without oil will be dry.
- sweetener: maple syrup, honey or a combination of both. Use maple syrup to keep this granola recipe vegan.
- pumpkin spice mix: see my recipe below.
Pumpkin Spice Mix Recipe
While you can buy Pumpkin Spice Mix ready-made, it’s ridiculously easy to make your own and you can be sure that the spices you’re using are fresh. Mix the following spices, store in a small jar, and label it.
Then you'll have it ready to make other pumpkin recipes, like these Low-Carb Roasted Pumpkin Spice Pecans. These add extra flavour and nutrition to salads! Try them on this Fennel Apple Chicken Salad with Pumpkin Spice Pecans.
In a small bowl, combine:
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ tbsp ground allspice
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cloves
To make this fall granola, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the melted oil with the maple syrup or honey (or both) and stir into the rolled oats mixture until well combined.
Then all you have to do is spread it on a baking sheet (I use two parchment paper-lined sheets) and bake it in the oven until slightly crispy.
It will continue to crisp up as it cools.
Possible optional add-ins
Add one or more of these dried fruits, once the granola has cooled.
- dried cranberries
- dried cherries
- dried blueberries
- snipped dried apricots
- or serve with fresh berries!
Store this Maple Nut Pumpkin Spice Granola in a covered container. It will stay fresh for a month or more.
Enjoy every healthy spoonful!
Maple Nut Pumpkin Spice Granola with Chia and Hemp Seeds
- 5 cups rolled oats old-fashioned oats, gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut optional
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice mix
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup and honey. Stir into the dry ingredients until well coated.
- Spread out on a baking sheet (you may need two). Bake at 250°F. for 30 - 45 minutes, stirring part way through, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool. When completely cool, add dried fruit like cranberries, raisins, dried cherries, if you'd like. Store in an airtight container. It will last for a month or more.