No grains. Just a yummy muffin made with bananas, almond butter, dates and cocoa and topped off with walnuts and chocolate chips.
How great is that? All your favourite flavours in these grain-free Chunky Monkey Muffins!
Let's thank that famous ice cream manufacturer for coming up with this flavour combination! Ben & Jerry's tells us we should eat Chunky Monkey ice cream when life is a little bananas and you feel like going nuts.
Like Monday mornings.
So here's your Monday Morning Muffin. No grains, no refined sugar. Just a yummy muffin made with bananas, almond butter, dates and cocoa and topped off with walnuts and chocolate chips.
These Chunky Monkey muffins are simply more fun than a barrel of . . . never mind.
Tips for Making Chunky Monkey Muffins
- This muffin recipe can all be made in a food processor!
- Start by puréeing the dates and banana. Once those are well combined, add the remaining ingredients (except the toppings.) Be careful not to overblend. The batter will be thick.
- Fill lined muffin cups ⅔ full, mounding the batter up a little in the center, as gluten-free muffins don't rise very much.
- Gently press a mixture of chopped walnuts (or pecans) and chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and remove muffin liners.
So smile, make these Chunky Monkey muffins (how can you not smile at that name?) and pile the chocolate on top. Have a great week!
Grain-Free Chunky Monkey Muffins
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts together for the topping. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree the banana and dates until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the topping) and pulse until a thick batter forms. Stop the machine a couple of times to scrape down the sides. Avoid overblending.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes before cooling on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container once cool,
This recipe is adapted slightly from Real Life Paleo by Stacy Toth.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.