These gluten-free thin and Crispy Salted Coconut Cookies have only four ingredients and are super easy to make. They’re always the first to disappear from the cookie tray!
Family favourite Crispy Salted Coconut Cookies!
It’s a cookie-baking weekend! I’ve suddenly been asked to make 6 dozen cookies for a bake sale so I’m considering all the options. This recipe for Crispy Salted Coconut Cookies is high on my list. Why?
It’s quick and easy and these coconut cookies have always been the first to disappear from the cookie tray. They’re perfect for those on a gluten-free diet, too.
To make these Crispy Salted Coconut Cookies
all you’ll need is:
- melted butter
- and a few pinches of flaky sea salt
These salted gluten-free coconut cookies are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, just like prize-winning cookies should be. They also take top honors because they have that tiny hint of salt that cookie-lovers crave.
Not only that, they’re gluten-free, making them definite winners in my books.
Can I freeze these coconut cookies?
Yes! Bake ahead of time, store in a tightly covered container and freeze. They will stay fresh for a few weeks or more. They thaw quickly, so you can take them out of the freezer just before serving time.
Crispy Salted Coconut Cookies
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded/dessicated coconut
- 1 large egg, or 2 medium
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt like Fleur de Sel for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add the coconut. Mix well by hand until the coconut is well coated with the butter.
- Beat the eggs with a mixer on medium speed just until blended. Add the sugar and beat on medium-high until the mixture is light-colored and fluffy. Combine the butter-covered coconut gently with the egg mixture and mix well.
- Drop the batter by small spoonfuls about 1 1/2 inches apart onto the parchment-covered baking sheets and press down evenly to flatten.. Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden. Watch carefully as they will burn quickly.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the tops of each cookie with a pinch of flaky sea salt so that it will stick. Slide the entire sheet of parchment with the cookies intact onto a wire cooling rack so that the heat from the baking sheet won't continue to brown the bottom of the cookies.
- As soon as they are cool, place in an air-tight container to maintain their crispness. These cookies freeze well.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.