These Low-Carb Keto Mini Buns are quick and easy. Made with almond flour, they’re nutrient dense and filling but have a traditional bread-like texture. They’re delicious served plain with a pat of butter or spread with nut butters, cheese, or chia seed jam.
Are you missing bread and butter? Keto Mini Buns to the rescue!
I’ve recently had to delve into learning more about the keto diet. While I’ve been on a gluten-free diet for a long time, I’m able to eat oats, some other grains, and occasionally I use a gluten-free flour blend for baked goods.
But with the hubs on a low-carb ketogenic diet for health reasons, we’ve had to change our ways. Staying low-carb means cutting all grains from your diet.
And that means I have had to get creative about finding a way to keep his diet interesting.
These Low-Carb Keto Mini Buns have given him a way to enjoy simple everyday snacks like bread and cheese, a peanut butter sandwich or even bread with Blackberry Chia Seed Jam.
These Keto Mini Buns are nutrient-dense. They’re hearty and filling so I make them small to keep their carb count low. I’ve made them in muffin tins, but my favourite way to bake them is in this 8-cavity mini loaf pan. They slice beautifully, hold their shape, and provide a surface on which to spread cream cheese, peanut butter, almond butter, or sandwich spreads made with salmon or chicken.
For breakfast, we toast them and make avocado toast!
Tips for making Low Carb Keto Mini Buns
- Using a food processor makes this recipe super fast and easy. Combine melted butter and eggs, then add salt, almond flour, sesame seeds and herbs. Blend until smooth, then spoon into muffin cups or mini loaf pans and bake. That’s it!
- Change the flavour by leaving out the sesame seeds or adding different herbs or sprinkle the tops with finely grated parmesan cheese before baking.
- Watch carefully. If made in small loaf pans or muffin cups, these only take 10 – 12 minutes to bake.
- Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and allow them to finish cooling on a rack.
- This recipe makes 6 small buns. I often double the recipe and freeze half in an air-tight container.
These Low-Carb Keto Mini Buns are quick and easy. Made with almond flour, they're nutrient dense and filling but have a traditional bread-like texture. Delicious plain with a pat of butter or serve with nut butters, cheese, or chia seed jam.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup (100 gm) blanched Superfine almond flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds white or black or a combination of both
- 1 tbsp dried herbs such as rosemary, dill, oregano, thyme
Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt the butter.
Add the melted butter and eggs to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to combine.
Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and thoroughly combine.
The batter will be quite liquid. Spoon into into parchment paper-lined muffin tins or non-stick mini loaf pans.
Bake at 425°F for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. If you used paper liners, remove them now. Serve with butter, chia seed jam, nut butter, or cheese.
I usually double the recipe to fill an 8-cavity mini loaf pan.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe was adapted from The Ultimate Low Carb Keto Buns at www.mypcoskitchen.com