Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
5-Ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks are fast and fabulous. Marinate, grill and relax!
After eating out in restaurants every day for 5 weeks while traveling in Europe, I’m having a hard time getting motivated to cook! Returning home to a stretch of fabulous warm and sunny weather hasn’t helped to get me interested in being back in the kitchen either. Sometimes I love tackling a complicated recipe with multiple steps and a long list of interesting ingredients, but not today.
Today is all about keeping it simple. Quick and easy. And that’s what these 5-Ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks truly are. Quick. And. Easy. They have a little heat from the chili and a nice balance of sweet and sour from the honey and lime.
Simply mix the marinade ingredients together, put the drumsticks in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade on top while you make a salad. Let them sit for a few minutes while you preheat the grill, and then sit down with a glass of wine while they cook. That’s it.
Serve these 5 – ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks with a refreshing salad like this Melon Cumber Salad with Creamy Greek Yogurt Dressing or Pineapple Jicama Salad or Cantaloupe Arugula Salad. Enjoy!
3 simple steps to make these Chili Lime Drumsticks
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Marinate in a ziplock bag (while you make a salad.)
- Grill, while you relax!
- 10 fresh chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 - 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp oil
- Whisk the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, honey and oil together.
- Put the drumsticks in a ziplok bag.
- Pour the lime mixture into the bag. Seal tightly and massage it into the chicken.
- Preheat the grill, oil it, and grill the chicken, turning carefully and basting with the remaining marinade until it reaches an internal temperature of 185F.
- Serve garnished with extra lime slices.