5-Ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks are fast and fabulous. Marinate, grill or bake and relax! Paleo.
I'm bringing you a "keeper" recipe today--5 Ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks! This is a recipe you'll want to make again and again!
Today is all about keeping it simple. Quick and easy. And that's what these 5-Ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks truly are. Quick. And. Easy.
They have a little heat from the chili and a nice balance of sweet and sour from the honey and lime. They're my favourite way to prepare chicken legs.
I appreciate finding recipes that don't require me to run to the store. This recipe for succulent finger-licking chicken legs needs only five ingredients that you probably have on hand:
- lime juice
- chili powder
Simply mix the marinade ingredients together, put the drumsticks in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade on top while you make a salad. And now you have a choice of two ways to cook them:
- Let them sit for a few minutes while you preheat the grill, and then sit down with a glass of wine while they cook, OR
- Sear them on the stove top, transfer them to the oven to finish cooking, and then sit down with a glass of wine while they cook.
Serve these 5 - ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks with a refreshing salad to cool your palate, like this Kiwi Cucumber Spinach Salad with Walnuts and Fresh Mint, Pineapple Jicama Salad or Cantaloupe Arugula Salad. Enjoy!
3 simple steps to make these Chili Lime Drumsticks
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Marinate in a zipper-closure bag.
- Grill, OR sear then bake in the oven.
Note: you can start with a smaller amount of chili powder, taste the marinade, and add more if you like more heat.
5-Ingredient Chili Lime Drumsticks
- 10 fresh chicken drumsticks (legs)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or less, depending on how much heat you like
- 1 - 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Whisk the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, honey and oil together.
- Put the drumsticks in a ziplok bag.
- Pour the lime mixture into the bag. Seal tightly and massage it into the chicken.
- Preheat the grill, oil it, and grill the chicken, turning carefully and basting with the remaining marinade until it reaches an internal temperature of 185F. OR Sear the chicken legs in an oven-proof skillet on the stove top for 3-5 minutes per side, then add remaining marinade to the pan, transfer to a preheated 375°F. oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serve garnished with extra lime slices.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. It’s an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.