This 5-Minute Bacon and Chive Jalapeño Dip is easy to make in a blender. It goes with almost anything and is quick to mix at the last minute! Keto!
Need a dip for an impromptu get-together? This 5-Minute Bacon and Chive Jalapeño Dip is your answer. Here's a dip that goes with just about anything! It's been so popular that I've added it to my round-up of 9 Easy Healthy Dip Recipes!
Perfect with your favourite chips and veggies, great as a dip for chicken wings, and ideal as a spread for burgers, this dip is deliciously versatile. It's easy, quick to mix, and it's naturally gluten-free.
The dip itself is keto. If you serve it with low-carb vegetables, (no chips) it makes a complete keto snack!
Our favourite time of the day is late afternoon, a couple of hours before dinner. We relax on the deck and share a platter of snacks, which are usually veggies. While I often make a plate of Raw Kohlrabi Sticks with Dijon Dilly Dip, or my go-to Creamy Cannellini Lemon Feta Dip, I was in the mood for something new. With a fresh jalapeño pepper in the fridge and a perfectly ripe avocado on the counter, it seemed the stars would align.
While there are many recipes for cheesy baked jalapeño dips that we love, this one is served cold. Made with a base of Greek yogurt, feta cheese and avocado, it's seasoned with a little mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, chives and, of course, jalapeño pepper.
You'll love this Keto Jalapeño Dip!
To keep it Keto, choose low-carb veggies, such as
- bell peppers
- kohlrabi slices
- broccoli and cauliflower florets
- romanesco florets
Make this easy dip in a blender
Simply add all ingredients, except the bacon, to a blender and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, stir in some crumbled bacon and garnish with extra chopped jalapeño (or pickled jalapeños), bacon crumbles or chives. Refrigerate until serving time.
Can I leave out the bacon?
The bacon crumbles are entirely optional, but they do add depth of flavour and a slight smokiness that goes well with avocado and jalapeño. I use nitrate-free, hormone-free bacon, cook up a whole package in the oven, then keep it in the fridge to add to recipes.
If you do add bacon to this dip, it is best on the day it's made, as the bacon may become a little soggy on the following day.
Jalapeño Dip Dipping Ideas
- Veggies: as listed above, or your favourites
- Tortilla chips: or your favourite rice chips or other sturdy chips.
- Fries: great with these Smoky Sweet Potato Wedges
- Wings: try it with these Taco Chicken Wings
It's quick, it's versatile, and it's delicious!
5-Minute Bacon and Chive Jalapeño Dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, thick style
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, snipped
- 3 slices bacon, nitrate-free, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 salt to taste
- Put all ingredients except bacon in a blender and process until smooth. Stir in most of the crumbled bacon, garnish with more bacon, jalapeño or chives. Serve with fresh vegetables and/or tortilla chips for dipping.