No canning necessary! If you’re new to making pickles, here’s a good recipe to start!
This week I accidentally bought too many jalapeños. I seriously dislike wasting food, so in less than 15 minutes I had these Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños made and in the fridge!
And now that I’ve made them, and tasted them (SO good), I can think of a host of different ways to use them.
We love anything with Tex-Mex flavours, so I can’t wait to add them to these Halibut Tacos with Tequila Lime Marinade or this Fresh Burrito Bowl , these Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos, or even this easy Gluten-free Cheesy Herb Cornbread. More ideas? Add them to quesadillas, burgers, sandwiches, or even guacamole or salsa.
How do I make Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños?
These Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños are as easy as my Quick Refrigerator Pickled Beans!
- Wash and sterilize Mason jars and lids by filling them with boiling water.
- Remove the stems and tips of the jalapeños and slice into rings.
- Fill the jars with the rings.
- Combine the ingredients for the pickling liquid and bring to a boil.
- Fill the jars, add a lid and store in the refrigerator.
These pickled jalapeños are piquant and tasty within a few hours! They have a subtle sweetness that you don’t get with raw jalapeños. They have ALL the heat that you’d expect from a jalapeño!
How long will these Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños last?
They will last for at least a month or more in a tightly sealed jar in your fridge.
These pickled jalapeños are a beautiful vivid green until you add the pickling liquid. Then they become the familiar olive green colour we’re used to seeing on our restaurant nachos.
Jalapeños vary in their heat level. Some are surprisingly hot. Remember to wash your hands very thoroughly in hot soapy water, dry them completely, and avoid touching your eyes, or nose!
Quick Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños
- jalapeño peppers sliced, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- Wash two 8 ounce or one 16 oz Mason jar and fill with boiling water to sterilize. Let stand, then drain and let dry.
- Wash peppers, remove stem ends and slice into rings.
- Fill the jars with the sliced jalapeños. Add a garlic clove to each jar.
- In a small sauce pan, combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Carefully pour over the jalapeños in the jars. Use the back of a small spoon to press the jalapeños down so they are completely covered. Cool before adding lids. Store in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Kitchen Items I used to make Quick Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on any of the affiliate links and make a purchase within a certain time frame, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission is paid by the third party, not by you. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Save this to one of your Pinterest Boards
and connect with me on Pinterest! I’m always finding new tasty recipes to pin.